Chapter 8: A Bold Approach

Shadow POV: 

The look I'm given by Rouge when I arrive with Rose on my motorcycle is priceless. To be fair though, the sight in front of her must be insane.  

A beautiful Amy Rose wearing an extremely seductive dress arriving with me, Shadow the Hedgehog. A guy who has constantly told her I don't do dates. Her arms are wrapped around my waist, holding on tightly as we pull into the parking lot. 

'I can barely believe I asked Rose to come here with me at all...' I think to myself. 'Who knows what anyone else would say?'

I park the motorcycle over where all the vehicles are. I lock it down and help Rose off the bike. She takes off her helmet, placing it next to my own. I offer her my arm as we walk toward the palace. The hedgehog wraps herself around my appendage and I bite down the strange feeling forming in my chest as we walk toward the end of the parking lot. 

Rouge and her boyfriend were sitting on the trunk of Knuckles' old beat-up car waiting for our friends I assume. Rouge didn't decide to wear a dress tonight. Instead, she's wearing a pink corset tank top with a short black skirt and white heeled boots. Her short white hair is curled. Her eyeshadow is a dark purple color with red lipstick on her lips. Her boyfriend Knuckles is wearing a green shirt with red pants and black shoes on his feet. His long red hair is up in a bun, no doubt with help from his girlfriend. 

'I've seen him struggle to put his hair up in a ponytail.'

Both of them are staring at us in immense shock and I can't suppress the smirk that forms on my face. 

"What's with the face?" I ask bluntly. 

"A...Amy. A-Amy and Shadow?" Knuckles looks at his girlfriend. "Are you seeing this?" 

Rouge flies around us, studying and observing us with a suspicious look on her face. Amy raises an eyebrow. "Rouge? Are you okay?" 

"Are you?" The Bat asks in shock as lands in front of us. "You're...you have never worn anything that revealing before in your life!" 

"Do I...look bad?" Amy asks shyly. "I just wanted to feel confident." 

I glare at Rouge and she immediately backpedals her words. 

"No, no, no! Amy that's not what I meant," She grabs Rose's shoulders and starts to shake her feverishly. "I'm just thrown off because you look completely different! But in a good way!!" 

"Okay, okay! I believe you!" Amy says, getting her to stop. She shakes her head gently as she adjusts her hair. "God, be a little more gentle." 

"You look nice, Amy." Knuckles says, smirking at me. "Shadow has quite the lady on his arm." 

I roll my eyes at him. "Keep your eyes on your girlfriend, sir." 

"They are on her!" He snaps, protectively grabbing his girlfriend's hand. "God that's not what I meant and you know that Hedgehog." 

I grin as we all walk up the giant staircase that leads to Acorn Castle. This building is enormous. The entire structure is made of white marble with various gold detailing around the corners of the building. The roof is pointy, reminding me of a snow cone holder. However, at the sides of the palace's base are two watchtowers with guards looking down at the people coming in. Statues of the previous rulers of Mobius stand around in various poses. 

As we get to the top of the staircase, we walk into the garden that leads to the front door. Many plants of various colors, sizes, shapes, and heights surround us. The aroma here is so strong that my eyes begin to water. 

Rose notices and hands me a white handkerchief from the small purse she's carrying around her wrist. I take it and wipe my eyes with it. 

"Thanks," I say, nodding at her. We get to the door and I open it up for her. "After you."