Chapter 12: A Beach Trip

Shadow POV: 

A month or so has passed since Chesse's passing. 

Amy and I have been visiting Cream often. We often take her out to eat, getting her anything she even looks at. I've bought her at least three giant stuffed animals that she could barely even carry. Rose brings her into shops with beautiful clothes. We brought her to a movie she had been looking forward to and bought quite a bit of snacks. 

Even though she's still in pain, the light in her eyes is starting to return. She often wants to go to Cheese's grave to check on her and talk to her. 

Today though is the day we go to the beach. However, Mobotropilus isn't near the coast so we're going to travel to a different kingdom known as Pacifica. It's a coastal city that is pretty popular during this time. Summer has begun and tons of people want to go swimming. Local public pools have been flooded with tons of children wanting to cannonball into the water. 

I haven't been to a beach before so...I may have overpacked my bag. Rose laughed when she saw my duffel bag full of items that she claimed wouldn't be needed. 

"What if something happens on the way there?" I ask. I point to my survival kit which has emergency rations, a flashlight, cables, a fire-starting kit, and a large tent.

"You do not need jumper cables for this trip, Shadow. We're not even fucking driving! We're taking a train!" Amy points at several other things. "Why do you have a hunting bow? And three pocket knives??!!"

After negotiating with her a bit, I...will admit my bag became more bearable to carry. I bring sun lotion, a few books, my swimming clothes, two changes of clothes as we'll be spending the night there, and snacks. Amy has her own bag that she refuses to let me look in. She insists that she has everything she needs and that she has a surprise for me in there. 

I have a hunch as to what the surprise is. I had to buy swimming clothing the other day which was very...interesting as I could see the women's swimming suits came in many different styles. I just decided to get black swimming trunks and a plain black and red beach shirt. 

'I wonder what Rose got.' My face heats up as the thoughts I've been trying to suppress threaten to spring to life. '...and if I'll be able to control myself...'

It's no secret that I find Amy Rose attractive. She has an incredibly beautiful body. Relatively thick thighs with curves on her hips that I catch myself staring at a lot. As well as...other parts of her...

'What does she look like...naked?' I think to myself as I stare at her making coffee. I smack myself and shake my head. 'Damnit Shadow, control yourself!'

"Did you just hit yourself?" Rose asks me as pours the liquid into two cups. She places the mug in front of me.

"Yeah sorry. I was uh...thinking of stuff." 

Rose sighs deeply. "Are you mad that I made you leave the toolbox at your house? Because, for the last time, nothing is going to happen..."

"No no that's...okay fine I'm still a little salty about it, but I will get over it," I take a swing of the coffee to make myself shut up. "Thank you, Rose." 

She laughs and jumps up in excitement. "God, I can't wait to go to the beach. I'm so ready to go swimming. The sand on my feet, the salty air...AH! I'm excited!!"

I laugh as Rose then hands me a plate of scrambled eggs and toast. She brings her own plate, sitting across from me. We eat together as we discuss how we'll leave. We agreed to pick up Cream, Vanilla, and Sticks in Amy's car. We'll drive to the train station that is just outside of Mobotropilus. We'll leave her car in the parking lot and head for Pacifica on the train. We arrive, head for our hotel, and then prep to go to the beach later in the day.