Chapter 10: A Day of Remembrance

Amy POV:

Shadow is completely different from Sonic in almost every way. In the past few weeks of being his girlfriend, I've never been given so much attention before. Every day he insists on seeing me for at least a few hours. When I'm at work, he comes during my lunch breaks to give me a coffee or takeout from a restaurant. When I get home, he just so happens to be sitting on the steps of my house.

Yesterday he asked me to help him set up a social media account.

"You want social media?" I ask as I take his phone and go to the app store. "You don't even like texting."

"Yes, yes, this is very true," He said as he pulled me closer to him on the couch. I move the phone so he can see what I'm doing. "Now, give me the...media."

I downloaded Betagram for him since that's the one most people in Mobius use. I helped Shadow develop a username, showed him how to post and edit photos, and told him how to tag people.

He loves to take pictures of me when I'm not looking. But then again I do the same thing. Usually when he's doing something for me like how he was personally insulted by my book organization and went to redo it all. I took a picture of him with his tongue out in focus as he moved the books around. The caption said, "Get someone who will reorganize your book collection."

That became my most liked photo, with all the comments speculating how we became a couple. Some even bring up Sonic, wondering how he feels about this.

'I could care less what he thinks of my relationships...'

Thanks to my tagging him, Shadow immediately got hundreds of thousands of followers and I had to show him how to turn off push notifications for Betagram.

A couple of hours ago, Shadow posted one of me when I was in the middle of making breakfast for us. I was covered in the batter with my hair up in a messy bun. I had my pajamas on with an apron over my clothes. Not my best picture as I told him repeatedly. The caption said, "Ms. Rose is quite the cook."

I almost strangled him. I chased him around the couch as I felt the heat burning off of my face.

"Shadow, why would you post that?!"

My boyfriend laughed manically at me for a while as he easily outran me. "Because you look cute with batter covered all over your apron and face. You could also consider it revenge for posting that picture of me asleep on the couch."

"Oh come on, it's adorable!" I whined.

Shadow ends up surprising me by tackling me to the ground, being careful to shield my head. He placed a soft kiss on my lips before saying, "We're even now, Rose."

I relented.

It's crazy to think all of this is pretend. That we're acting. He's acting. Although, some of his acting is pretty...realistic. Sometimes he does something really romantic without it being posted or anyone being around us. He cleans the house whenever I use the bathroom. He does the dishes whenever we eat together. After seeing me perform with Sticks' band, he always me to sing or play on a keyboard. 

I try to do things for him too. I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, which ended up being an excellent combination. Shadow eats about two every time he comes over. It makes me laugh seeing his lips covered in frosting.

Today is the day I'm babysitting Cream. I'm planning on trying to take her out but the attempts of getting her to leave Cheese's side are...not successful. I'm surprised Vanilla was able to get Cream to go anywhere with her by her side.

After texting Shadow that I'm at Vanilla's house, I get out of my car and walk over to the front door. I knock a few times and Cream's mother answers.

"Hello, Amy!" She says, smiling widely at me. She then looks at what I'm wearing and a knowing glaze enters her eyes. "Look at you...you look cute."