[35] Ais Comes Again!

The familiar interface, familiar scenes, and a familiar start...

As the gacha-drawing roulette spun, August's mood became incredibly uneasy.

This was an advanced gacha draw. If he drew something like coke again, August would seriously doubt if he had become an unlucky player.

[Ding!]

[Congratulations to the host, obtained skill: Armament Haki!]

August instantly rejoiced. Armament Haki was a powerful and practical ability.

Not only could it increase attack and defense power, but it could also be attached to weapons, thus preventing wear and tear on the weapons.

In "One Piece," a qualified swordsman needed to master black blade, which was Armament Haki. This was necessary to protect their swords properly.

Buzz~

Raising one hand, a strange force slowly ascended.

Then, the arm was enveloped by a force, turning pitch black, resembling steel.

"Armament Haki!"

August had a smile on his face. This ability was incredibly suitable for his current stage.

If he had Armament Haki this morning, the battle with minotaur wouldn't have been as difficult, and he might not have ended up heavily injured.

Unlike magic power, Haki was a flowing energy within a person's body, a type of aura.

Although a bit disappointed, this was something beyond his control.

Perhaps, someday in the future, when August's Armament Haki reached its peak, he might be able to do it.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

A knock on the door sounded, and August was momentarily stunned. Didn't Loki and the others just leave? Why were they back?

"Coming!"

Although a bit puzzled, August quickly went to open the door.

Upon opening it, he saw Ais standing at the doorway.

August was momentarily stunned. Why would Ais come to find him?

"I heard from Riveria that you've leveled up to level 2?"

"Yeah, pretty impressive, huh?"

"Yes, very impressive."

Then, an awkward silence ensued.

"Um, since you're here, come in!"

August tried to be polite. After all, how could you refuse a guest at the door?

Ais entered without hesitation.

This left August somewhat speechless. Loki treated Ais like an little flower, but Ais was approaching him on her own.

In an instant, August had a fleeting desire to do something to Ais, just to see Loki's future expression.

Of course, this thought only crossed his mind briefly, and for now, August didn't want to do anything to Ais.

"So, why did you come here?"

August looked at Ais, who was staring at him without speaking or moving, feeling uneasy.

"Why can you get stronger so quickly?"

Ais asked her question as soon as she spoke. It was the only thing she cared about.

"How am I supposed to answer that? I don't know, I went to the Dungeon twice, and I leveled up!"

August using the most innocent tone he could.

You should know that for an adventurer to reach level 2, it was impossible without several years of accumulation. August had only leveled up in just a few days. If this was told to others, no one would believe it without some trickery.

After hearing August's answer, Ais was not satisfied. She continued to stare at August, making him a bit uncomfortable.

Just looking at her made August irritated.

"Ais, I don't know why. If I have to say something, it's probably talent!"

Although this explanation was quite forced, it was currently the only explanation.

Just like her breaking the record for the fastest leveling in Orario back then, it was all about talent and aptitude.

However, she had been stuck at level 5 for over three years.

Especially in recent times, even after going on an expedition and coming back, the increase in ability values was very slow. No matter how hard she tried, killing monsters in the Dungeon didn't bring about much improvement in strength.

She couldn't accept her near stagnation, so she urgently wanted to become stronger.

"Well, do you want some?"

Although August had just explained, Ais' gaze remained unchanged, making August uneasy.

Helplessly, August took out some fried chicken and coke.

Ais took a glance and then took it. She started eating the fried chicken bite by bite.

However, the gaze still remained unchanged, making August's heart race.

"Ais, let's discuss this. Can you stop looking at me like that?"

"Why?"

"Looking at me like this makes my heart flutter."

"Hmm?"

Ais, tilting her head like a doll, looked at August with confusion.

This left August utterly speechless. Dealing with this situation was really tough for him.

"Just say directly what you want to do. We can discuss everything."

"I want to act together with you!"

"Together with me? Even though I just leveled up to level 2 today, why are you following me like this?"

"I want to know why you can become strong so quickly!"

"I really..."

He really wanted to unleash a strong curse, but facing Ais, he couldn't bring himself to say it.

"Finn has already arranged for Aku and me to team up. If you join us, not to mention others, Loki definitely won't agree."

"It's fine. Loki has no problem with it."

"I... You... This..."

As a princess of the familia, Ais had grown up under the care of everyone in the familia.

Many problems were not a concern for Ais.

Just a moment ago, Loki had warned him.

How long had it been since then? Ais had come to him on her own. If Loki found out, he would definitely go all out against August.

Just because he had a meal with Ais once, Loki got furious.

"Um, Ais, you are a level 5 of the familia. You need to cooperate with many familia matters, such as expeditions and deep explorations."

"No problem!"

Ais said casually.

However, August absolutely didn't believe this statement.

In the familia's expeditions, Ais was the core member of the first team, a true frontline combatant.

She wasn't a logistics member, not everyone could participate.

---
If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon which already contains 20+ chapters:
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea