chapter 2

Adriano

The minute I get home everyone's eyes were on me and my dad was fuming with anger and damn all these fucking kids irritating me again with their train noises.

"Brother Adri." My little sister Nia comes running with Eduardo my little brother. I kneel down to hug them and they lead me to the leaving room while holding both of my hands .

I sit down on the couch and look at my sister cámille who is busy with her skin care routine.

"You guys go and play okay." I say nicely to both of my little siblings and they nod running to their playroom.

"How did it go?" My dad asks and I try to think of something that could save me right now.

"Uhmm, it was great I guess, I mean they told me that nobody got the job and I still have a chance."

My dad nods slowly but I can tell he's not convinced . My dad is a bit strict but he can be super soft towards us sometimes. I've always caused him problems where he has to spend his money all on me. But this time I decided to take control and accept my responsibilities. He was enraged when I crashed my neighbour's Mercedes but he didn't say anything I could see it in his eyes , but what hurt me the most was the disappointment in them. And right now I can tell he knows about what happened in the morning with me being late and the inappropriate outfit.

"Mr MacLaren wanted to hear about the results , but I guess he can wait." My dad says and I nod. Mr MacLaren is the owner of the car and to be honest he's a very nice person , so he gave me a chance to fix the shit I did with his car. He's a very patient guy but it's probably just the fact that he has a lot of sports cars to handle , he even said it himself that and I quote 'to be honest it's not that big of a deal it's like the 3rd cheapest car I own , so you can only give me money that's enough for you , and I can give you the car but you have to fix it on your own.' . Classy I know, but that's what rich people go through and I want to have the same problems someday, but I know it'll never come.

My phone ringing interrupts my thoughts and I look at the screen to see that it's from JONES HOMES, I saved their number. My parents look at me and I look at them shocked. Well that was quick.

"It's from JONES HOMES." I say and my mom signals me to answer and put on loud speaker. I nod and do so

"Hello ." I say and I look at my dad and he's focused on the phone.

"Hi is this Adriano Fernandez.?" A voice I recognise questions, it's the receptionist.

"Yeah, it is."

"Well we'll like to let you know that you got the job for the secretary position, for miss Jones, and you'll be starting tomorrow at 07:00 ."

The minute she says the time my smile drops. What the fucking fuck. Seven in the fucking morning.

"That is all sir , goodbye have a good day."

"Bye."I hang up and my mom is smiling and already hugging me. My dad is also happy , but something still doesn't sit right with me . I literally just left there 45 minutes ago and I didn't even get to be interviewed. But anyway as long as I got the job I shouldn't care so much.

"This moment is supposed to be celebrated, so let's all go to the park today for a picnic." My mom says and we all agree with her.

...

Amara

"I can't believe you hired him of all the people that came here yesterday."

I look at my brother who is obviously pissed that I hired someone who was very late and definitely not dressed for the occasion.

"Joshua come on , just let me handle my own employees please."

"Of course not, he's literally the worst choice . Did you even see what he was wearing.?"

"Joshua I told you about my plan for the year , and I want someone who is desperately in need of a job , a job that they can only depend on. Do you know that each and every one of the interviewees that came here have applied for jobs in other companies? And I don't want that , I want someone who will at least last long when I give them a job especially no matter the salary. Now I've got a lot to work on for the product so please leave me alone."

"And what makes you think that he hasn't applied in other companies"

"You think someone wearing that kind of clothes is capable of doing that , no. Please Joshua go focus on your own work and leave me alone."

My brother looks at me and shakes his head before leaving. I sigh and look at the documents before me. I really need someone to organise the meetings for me , everything is just a mess. I look at the time and it's half past six in the morning .

I try to distract myself with the documents and I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in ."

I look up to find Adriano, I think that's his name and he's wearing jeans and a hoodie with a white t-shirt.

"Hello, uhmm Adriano." He says and he gives me his hand to shake but I don't take it, and he takes it back awkwardly.

"You're early." I say going back to my work .

"Uhm , yeah it's either I'm early or late because I'm never on time ."

He says and I nod . He sits down and he looks at me but I don't look at him.

"Uhmm, miss, when can I start."

"Stand up ."

We both stand up and I lead him to his office next to mine.

"This will be your office , and you can see it's already organised for you and there is a stack of files as you can see , I want you to also organise them and please answer all my calls and emails. I'll soon send you your time table for your break. " I say and leave without him saying anything.

"Uhm, thank you." He shouts but I just walk away.