chapter 41

Adriano

Romeo: I love her man, but it feels forced.

Adriano: I saw her the other day in the office, probably came to see Amara. I'm sure she loves you but she doesn't know what to do .

Romeo: I know , she had a solution for our problem but she feels scared . I don't want a girl that's always checking if there's someone looking at us . I feel like she's unsafe with me.

Adriano: trust me that's the best part .

Romeo: ok I should get going. Thanks bro.

After reading Romeo's last message I put way my phone and turn to look at my mom . She looks pissed .

"I'm sorry, he needed someone to talk to real quick ."

"Yeah , anyway where were we? Oh , how is it going?"

"Mom , I told you I don't like talking about it."

"Ok but is she getting there?"

"Mom-"

"What ! I want you to be happy again ."

"But...what if I want her to be happy.?"

"What? What are talking about?" My mom asks coming to sit next to me.

"I don't know mom , she just looks happy with that Roy guy. Everytime they're together, she laughs and smiles really big. It's like she sees no one around them . I think she loves her , I didn't believe her at first but now I see it . "

I say with a sad tone and I think about how I just threw the only good thing that has happened to me because of my stupidity. I know I'm giving up earlier than I intended, but I feel like the more I talk to her the more I just hurt her .

"So , you're giving up."

I look at my mom with a nod.

"I don't want to hurt her anymore. "

"Are you sure you don't want to give it a shot again. "

"I just want her to be happy. She deserves to be happy after everything I've out her through , don't you think?"

"Yeah , you're probably right. But are still going to continue working there. "

"Yeah , difference is I'm only going there for me now ."

.....

Amara

"Are you ok.?"

I look up at Joshua with a sigh

"Yeah , why?"

"Because you haven't eaten your cake since it has arrived."

I look down at the cake . I even ordered a flavour I hate. Gosh .

"What is it?"

I look around before I can answer.

"Don't judge me."

"You know I won't."

"Ok , but Adriano has been... distant. And I promise it's not because I'm desperate for his attention, it's just that he's been... distant."

"Yeah , I realised that the past week he's been in his office most of the time. Did you do something?"

"Excuse you but you're my brother , you're supposed to support me . You should be asking if he did something not me ."

"Well , maybe he just gave up ."

"So quick. ?"

I say in a jiffy tone and Joshua looks at me with an amused smile I don't like .

"Wow. You sound desperate."

I look at Joshua who's laughing. I don't want to argue with him anymore. I guess I'm a little in miss of his attention, but not how Joshua's exaggerating it.

....

Adriano

"Are you almost done.?"

I look at Amara's assistant, I think her name is Claire or whatever.

"How did you even get on this system?"

I ask her while the computer is loading out.

"I don't know . I just tapped the wrong button I guess . Are you done ?"

"Yeah , it's almost ready , as you can see it's loading out of the system. You should be careful with such things. You probably went to a system that extracts people 's files to the owner's computer."

"Are you serious?"

"Just pray that it's not that kind of problem."

....

I open the door to and immediately Joshua comes in.

"Is something wrong?"

"Yeah , looks like someone forgot the other reason why they came here."

Joshua says and I just at look him confused .

"What are you on about?"

"When was the last time you talked Amara?"

"Ok this is getting more confusing, I thought you're team Roy . You should be happy I've decided to let her be . Aren't you happy?"

"This isn't about me , it's about you and her ."

"But she's happy with Roy , Joshua and you know that . I just thought that I should just let her be happy , it's what everyone wants at the end if the day , right?"

"So you're just giving up. No no, I won't let you do that . Try one last time . I'm sure she can come arou-"

"Wait wait ! You're team me ?" I ask amused and Joshua just rolls his eyes.

"Don't get ahead of yourself . I'm only doing this because I want my sister to choose for herself."

"Yeah , and she chose Roy."

"Oh who told you that . Just don't give up ."

"Why ?"

I ask and Joshua just looks at me .

"Because I said so ."

"Why do I feel like you want me to be with her and not Roy ?"

"I do want her to be with Roy for the rest of her life , but I don't know if that's wha-"

Joshua stops talking and I look at him waiting for him to finish.

"Just don't give up . " He says and runs out of the office. I think I know the last part of his sentence. I guess I won't be giving up then . He just gave me a little hope .