Chapter 80

I wake myself up earlier than normal just so I can make it out before Mephisto wakes. 

I tiptoe into the bathroom to wash up, bringing a new set of clothes with me. I quickly run a brush through my hair, brushing my teeth vigorously. 

I can feel the bristles beginning to break off after running over the tips of my fangs.

I spit them out into the sink, putting on my normal black shorts, tank, and tight, leather jacket. 

I look at my face in the mirror, smiling. 

This is the first time for a while that I don't have bags, scars, or anything like that.

I exhale sharply and reenter the bedroom to see Mephisto still passed out on the bed. He suddenly grabs onto my extra pillow, thinking that it's me.

I smile, tempted to snuggle up next to him. 

But then I realize that's exactly what I shouldn't do.

This is why I'm getting up early, so I can't let it go in vain. 

I grab a piece of paper lying on the floor, snatching a pen from the nightstand to scribble down a note for him. 

"My love,

 I'm going to breakfast with Shura. Don't worry, she's waiting for me outside your mansion. 

I'll be home a bit later after you've awoken. I love you lots. ~ Your Honey."

I cautiously add the fact that she's already at the mansion just so he doesn't freak out about me walking to her dorm on my own.

I place it next to his phone, running out quick before I accidentally throw myself back into his arms.

Once I'm outside our room, I quickly dial Shura's number. 

It rings for a long time, and by the time she finally answers, I'm already down the stairs. 

"What?" Her voice rasps through the speaker.

Her voice is groggy and rough.

But I suppose that's normal for a person at 6 in the morning.

"Hey. Let's meet somewhere. Now." I say. "Anywhere you want. I'll treat you."

"The hell?" She complains. "It's six in the morning and I'm hungover as fuck."

I sigh and stop in the main foyer. "Okay, fine. I'll bring you something to your dorm. What do you want?"

"Coffee and Tylenol." She immediately says. "And six pack and a pack of cigarettes if you're down."

I laugh under my breath. "Alright. I'll be there soon."

I end the call, making my way to the front door. But before I can make it, Kaji dashes in front of it, causing me to gasp.

"Jesus!" I clutch onto my chest, breathing heavily. "Kaji... why are you up so early?!"

He widens his eyes.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" He holds out his hands. "I, um... I get up at this time every day."

"Oh, okay." I nod my head and pull the collar of my jacket. "Well... have a good one."

"Wait," He reaches out to me once I put my hand on the door knob. "Is everything okay? Is Mephisto going to be leaving today as well?"

I pause and part my lips, laughing nervously.

"No, Kaji." I say. "If he asks you anything, just tell him I'm out with Shura, okay?"

Even though he'd already know that by then, I get the feeling he'd still ask Kaji where I went out of pure suspicion.