Chapter 104

I hear a whistle echoing in my head.

A mellow melody, with a hint of rasp underneath it that prevents it from being truly soothing to listen to.

I squeeze my eyes tightly, trying to ignore the pounding pain I'm feeling in my head. 

When I open them, I'm a brightly lit white room with very minimalist furniture inside of it. 

The walls are made of mirrors, which leads me to believe it's obviously one-way glass. 

I'm strapped down by my wrists and ankles onto a small bed, the constraints very clearly charmed.

When my vision begins to focus a bit more, I see that the whistling was coming from Shiro, who's standing on the opposite side of the room with a lit cigarette in his mouth.

Unable to move my body, I move my head slightly upward to get a better view. 

"...Shiro?" My voice is completely shot, and my throat is burning.

I immediately catch his attention, to which he just smiles at me and proceeds to smoke.

"Ms. Rilegeki." He bows his head. "Welcome back."

Looking around the room, I realize it's the same kind of room that they're keeping Lucifer in.

That means he can't be too far now.

Shiro slowly walks towards me, studying me closely with every step he takes.

"You do not go down easily, Judi." He blows smoke in my face. "I like that about you. Reminds me a lot of Rin. I'd say you're just as stubborn as he is, too."

"You have to help me, Shiro." My voice croaks. "You have to. You know what he's doing is wrong, don't you?"

"Of course I do." He sits on the bed next to me. "That's why I've volunteered for a 24-hour watch."

I wrinkle my eyebrows at him. "What?"

"What, would you rather have Lewin or Angel in here with you?" He laughs. "Consider it a favor that you can pay me back for whenever you get yourself out of this."

I don't say it, but knowing Shiro will be the one in here with me alleviates some of my stress.

I feel like he's the only one here beside Rin that doesn't want to rip my head off.

Maybe he will understand me.

"I need to get out of here now, Shiro." I tug on the restraints, feeling more defeated as the second's pass. "God... I am such an idiot! I should have never met with Mephisto again. This would have never happened if I would have just said no-"

"You and I both know that whether or not you agreed to meet with Mephisto, you'd be in this exact same cell regardless." He shakes his head. "His way is the only way, unfortunately."

"That's exactly why I need to get out of here." I look up at Shiro. 

"Hah, you and me both." He smiles at me again. "Mephisto has this entire institution on lockdown. I'm not sure if I can be much help to you, Judi."

I throw my head down and close my eyes. 

I really have to choose my moves wisely from here on out.

I need Lucifer.

Where could you be, Lucifer? Can't you see that I need you right now?

 A single tear rolls from my eye. 

Betrayal. 

Pain.

Heartbreak.

That's what you've taught me, Mephisto.