27 December, 2023

Dear Gillenia,

Your golden ink is beautiful enough for the Capitol to envy. Snow is still falling and we were lucky enough to have a white Christmas! For Christmas morning, all we had to eat were some solid rolls, but in the middle of starting a fire, we got a rough knock on the door. My father grabbed his shotgun with a grim stare and threw open the door. But on the other side was none other than my best friend, Flint Hawthorne, holding a huge wild turkey tied with a bow in one hand and a basket of apples in the other! It was very embarrassing. After the delicious feast, Flin had something to show me in the mines—a tiny DIAMOND! That was his present to me and I've kept it safe. Imagine ow rich District 12 could be if we found more and sold them to the Capitol for Snow's water goblets! I played my new guitar that was my dad's at the underground Christmas party. I named it Lucy, after Lucy Gray, who is still missing. I know living in District 13 must be hard but at least your District doesn't participate in the Games. You should try to sneak on a plane out of there with your dad. I'm sure he could find a job in a less military-like district.

Hoping you are well,

Sable