25 January, 2024

Dearest Sable,

I am so glad to hear you've finally been enjoying a much deserved, comfortable, life style. Things are not so easy in 13. The officials have tightened security and become much more ambitious about their plans for another uprising. Imports are scarce now, and I have begun to run out of paper, so I am making my own from used coffee filters. Hopefully you can read it all right, at least it smells pleasant. It sounds like Snow is quite taken with you—you're odds are looking favourable. In love with Snow? I've never heard anything so scandalous. And yet hearing you say it gladdens my heart. The capitol needs a good soul among them—just make sure it's you changing them, and no them changing you. I hope you do learn to love Snow, because I can only imagine it would be miserable to be married to someone you do not love. Someone in 13 knows Tigris and says she has alway been friendly and caring. I'm so glad you're in good hands. Do you really think Cillian could mean me? I've never thought of him like that before, but I suppose it wouldn't be terribly miserable to have him as my sweetheart. I know Flint will understand—he has always taken care of you, he wouldn't stop just because you were forced into something by the Capitol. And if you end up falling in love with Snow, he can't blame you—he fell in love with you. It's not exactly something you can control. Cillian and Hyssop are officially broken up now, and he's been taking to me a lot. But don't get me thinking about possibilities. Be safe. Keep my posted.

Love,

Gillenia