ADOLESCENCE

Adolescence   —   Stranger Things

Adolescence — Stranger Things

Friends don't lie.

Pain was all 010 knew

Pain was all 010 knew. His whole life he'd been put through test after test, training his mind to go beyond what most humans could comprehend. Loneliness also came with the pain, he would be locked away in his room for long hours, only getting out to the small room where he and his sister could play for some hours before going back to testing.

011, that was his sisters number, she also had to go through the painful test and loneliness. They were different. Their abilities different, Papa said. He needed them for different things. 010 had to fight people, 011 too— but she could use her mind, 010 had to use his hands. Papa said he was too weak to use his mind, only to move small objects, he wasn't good for much more than that, no matter how much he tried.

011 could connect people in her head. Papa found that she could connect to another world, and 010 went beyond the portal into the world, searching for what Papa told him to.

But the siblings find an escape, run away from the horrible building and don't look back.

Until they have to, that is. Until their friends need their help in searching beyond the world again, only to destroy it this time.

But the upside-down and the monsters within don't want to quit. Ten knows, he can hear the monster, the monster can hear him, they're a part of each other— that's what papa had been trying so hard for. He has to destroy the monster himself, Ten thinks, to stop the people he loves most getting hurt. Alone, just like it used to be.

But friends help each other— Ten and Eleven come to find. Their friends don't hurt them or make them do it alone, they help with all they can.