Chapter Eight: Classmates, Clubs, and the Yokai

Six spent most of the day in the nurses office. She sat with a blanket around her shoulders, twitching at any and every noise she heard. She stayed on a bench close to the bathroom, in case she felt like she needed to throw up again. A nurse walked over to her with a glass of water.

"Here you go. Are you feeling any better?" She asked. Six nodded and took the water.

"Thank you." She took a sip from the glass. It was nice and cool. The nurse smiled.

"You're welcome, dear. I think since you're feeling a bit better, you could go home. You might still be sick, so it's best if you get some rest." She said. Six sat there, and then slowly got up, and stumbled.

"Okay. Bye." She said, walking out of the room. She turned left down the hallways, and got to the lobby, before she heard a voice.

"Hey! Six, wait up!" It was Issei. She stopped and looked at him as he approached.

"Hey." She said.

"How are you feeling?" Issei asked. "I've never seen you act like that."

"Yeah, well, I just felt really sick. Must've eaten something bad last night." Six replied.

"You sure it was that? Because when the teacher introduced that new kid, you started acting weird. What was his name? It was something like-"

"Don't! Don't finish that sentence. Besides, correlation isn't always causation." Six said, looking around. Issei raised an eyebrow.

"Uh-huh. Why don't you want me to say his name?" He asked.

"Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Ever heard the phrase?" Six retorted.

"Mhm. Speaking of which, Rias wants to meet you." Issei said. Six tilted her head.

"Who's Rias?" She asked. Issei deadpanned.

"You're not serious, right?"

"I am."

"Good grief. You know what? Just come with me, okay?" Issei said. He began walking, and Six followed. After a while, they showed up at the club house. Six looked up at the building and remembered that on her first day, she saw a girl with red hair looking at her from a window.

Oh, wait. That's Rias.

They went inside, and Six saw some familiar faces. Particularly Akeno and Asia. Of course, there was Kiba, the blonde wonderboy of the school, and Koneko. The white haired girl was holding a small white cat, which Six thought looked familiar.

"Your cat was outside my window last night." Six said, pointing at it.

"Your point?" Koneko said in return. Six did not like her attitude.

"Keep it on a leash. You wouldn't want something bad to happen to it, would you?" She countered. Koneko narrowed her eyes.

"Is that a threat?" Her voice was as emotionless as ever, but there was an extra layer of ice in her words.

"Dunno. Do you feel threatened?" Six tilted her head, glaring up her brow at the white haired girl. Not that she could tell, with Six's bangs covering her eyes.

"That's enough." Rias said with a stern voice, walking into the room. Six and Koneko glared at each other, but silently agreed to continue this at a later date.

"I'm glad you could come, Six. It's nice to see you again." Rias greeted with a smile. She sat behind a desk, folding her hands and resting her chin on them.

"Thanks." Six said. She stood there, meeting Rias' gaze from under her bangs. There was a slighty awkward silence as everyone stood there.

Rias was the first to speak. She cleared her throat. "You're probably wondering why you're here, correct?"