[10] Hold Me

(Song for the chapter is "Can You Hold Me" by NF ft. Britt Nicole ;)

***

Jason came around the corner and stopped when he saw me.

"Serenity...I didn't know you were still here...how long have you been standing here?"

"Long enough to hear everything that you just told Aiden..."

"Oh...you heard all that...I'm sorry, I-"

"No. It's okay...I..." I paused. "But...you said that you liked me."

"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry, I didn't know that you were listening and-"

"No, you don't have to apologize. You were saying how you feel. And I can't blame you. I...I want to say that I like you too. I just...I can't tell. And I don't know how. I...like you said, I'm just scared. I've just been hurt so many times and I'm afraid that I'll be hurt again if I give my affection to anyone. I'm scared that I'll be broken. That my trust will be broken. And that my heart will be broken again."

"Serenity, I don't want to break your heart. I would hate to break your heart. The only thing that I want to break is whatever's keeping you from the rest of the world. You see how stressed you are, it's not good for you to be alone all your life. You need to make a friend, even if its only one. And it doesn't have to be me. You can totally ignore me for the rest of your life, if you feel the need...all though I would hate if you did...but the point is, I want you to be happy." He paused and looked into my eyes. "I've seen you smile before, Serenity. I want to see you smile again."

Tears were forming in my eyes. I didn't know what to say. What to think. What to do. So I just stood there. Letting the tears slowly fall down my face. There was no stopping them. Jason's words sunk deep into my brain. I didn't know how to take it. The tears kept coming until I was crying. Just standing there and crying.

Jason gently wrapped his arms around me. And we stood there. Him hugging me, and me crying.

***
Thanks so much for reading, everyone!! <3