Chapter 1

Woodsboro, California 25 September 1996

'New year, new me.' Serena had been repeating that line in her head for the past 3 months it was now September 25, yes it was late in the year but she decided she was done hiding and being this fake person she wanted her old self back.

After 5th period she went to the fountain to meet up with her brother and her old friends, Stu was the first to greet in his own way "Serena, you finally come back I thought we'd lost you forever." He said as he laughed and held onto Tatums waist. Sidney sat next to Billy with her usual puppy dog stare. Serena had her eyes glued to Stu's hand as it snaked itself around Tatums slender but perfectly curvy waist, "Lose me? Like that'd ever happen." She joked but the words came out bitterly as she took a seat next to Randy half expecting him to flirt with her like he always did but his mind seemed to be someplace else.

She lightly placed a hand on his shoulder as he sat with half a biscuit in his hand, causing him to jump slightly and the biscuit to fall his brown eyes fell to the biscuit almost as if he mourned the fallen baked treat, "Whoa, relax. Why are you so zoned out." She asked removing her hand and placing it back at her side to lean on. Randy gave her a calmer look than he had before as all the other continued their conversations, "I got fired Serena." He said sounding seriously unbothered by the whole situation just Tatum butted her big nose into the conversation "Again! Wow Randy only you could get fired twice." She joked everyone including Randy laughed but Serena refused to show any kind of acceptance towards the blondie with perfect brown round eyes just because she was popular to other in the school doesn't mean she is liked by everyone in the school. Serena had to admit if she wasn't dating Stu, Tatum would be a fine person maybe even a potential friend but now she was only a threat.

It had reached the end of the school day Tatum drove herself home, Stu took Billy to his place because his parents were out of town, Sidney took the bus back from school and Serena walked home it was only a 20 or so minute walk and she didn't mind it was nice to have some alone time where she could think and just be herself. Plus it kept her out of the house for a little bit longer but she figured why go home her dad was probably passed out on the floor or couch with bottles all around him so she gave a call to Sidney, they'd been friends for what seemed like forever well I guess start of high school is a new life so it had been forever.

The phone didn't ring for Long and was answered by the shy brunette "Hello?" Sidney sounded surprised that someone was calling her, "Hey, sorry to bug you but I was wondering if I could you know come over?" Serena spoke slow and sounded very unsure there wasn't a sigh or any noises that signaled Sidney may have been mad instead she spoke loudly and sounded extremely happy "Yea sure." The two girls said their goodbyes and a U-turn was made very quickly by the eager white haired girl trying to get to Sidneys house as soon as she possibly could after a twelve minute walk she'd reached the door to Sidney Prescotts house.

Neil Prescott, Sidneys father heard a knock on the door and went to open the door for the young girl. "Sidney is in her room." Neil said as he smiled happily at Serena and pointed up the stairs - obviously she knew where Sidneys room was it wasn't the first time she'd been there but Mr. Prescott always did that to her - she gave a thanks and ran up the stairs.

Sidney and Serena spent the rest of the day together they planed to stay toghter for the night at this particular moment they both sat doing homework when they heard shuffling and a pot breaking, Sidney got up from her chair and started toward the window she looked at Serena who just shrugged. As Sidney reached the window an arm grabbed her Billy, Sidney let out a frightening shriek before trying to tell Billy he had to leave.

Knock
Knock

"You have to go." Sidney was trying to push Billy away when her father tried to open the door, Serena told Billy to hide in the side of the Bed as Sidney ran to get the door. Her and her father had a slight chat before he told them both to enjoy their night. Sidney was walking slowly "Where is he?" She asked only to be cut off by her tiger teddy being used as a puppet "OH, close call." Billy said in a gruff voice processing to stand up and throw the teddy at his sister. "I just can't to make sure you were okay and to see if you had Serena," He shot a glare at his sister "Which it seems you do." Billy only stayed a few minutes his conversation was mainly about their dad not being home and how he was watching The Exorcist at home something about all the good parts being cut out and how it reminded him of Sidney at that point Serena walked downstairs, she didn't wanna hear any of that. She sat in the lounge going through all the channels but nothing good caught her eye so she turned the television off and headed upstairs hoping her idiot brother was gone and not groping her friend. When she reached upstairs she saw Sidney standing by the window looking pleased with herself. 'Gross' was all she thought before throwing herself onto the bed, Sidney joined her after turning off the light and they both drifted off to sleep.

7 January 2024