Chapter 2

Woodsboro, California 26 September 1996

Morning came around, Serena had snuck out during the course of the night and was back at her place. Her and Sid met on the school bus only to be stunned by the sight of reporters, news vans, camera men and police enforcers when they arrived at school.

Serena watched the reporters talk about the two dead teens Casey Becker and Steven Orth and how they got gutted right outside the young Casey's home. The two girls almost jumped out of their skin after being touched on the shoulder by Tatum as she spoke loudly. "Can you believe this shit?" Sidney jumped at the sound of Tatums voice.

"Tatum, what is going on?"  Sidney pressed
"You don't know?" Tatum asked in disbelief
"No." Sidney said Tatum gave you a dirty look she knew you had a thing for Stu and she hated you for it, rolling her eyes she answered looking only at Sidney "Casey Becker and Steven Orth were killed last night." Sid shook her head and put her hand in front of her mouth in outer disgust. Tatum kept speaking despite Sid's facial expressions "We're not just talking killed, were talking splatter movie killed. Ripped open from end to end." Tatum ruffled with her hair as she continued listening to Sidneys view on it before she had to speak again, Serena butted in saying that Casey sat next to her I english class. With a roll of her eyes Tatum replied "Not anymore." Directing the conversation back to Sid she explained that it was and how her parents had found her hanging from a tree after being gutted her guts hung from her body in a steaming pile of blood and flesh.

Her killer was not caught and there were no suspects but the police were interrogating the entire school staring with the students then moving to teacher and workers. After a while long chat about it they reached the doors of the school and Tatum almost said something insensitive towards Sid but managed to stop herself before walking into the school doors and straight to her class. Serena and Sidney sat in English class, Sidney was called to the principals office so that Sheriff Burke and Deputy Riley also known as Dwight 'Dewey' Riley -Tatums older brother-

A series of questions were asked ranking from how well she knew the students who died through to what her alibi was obviously you had an alibi for the whole of yesterday evening, being at Sidneys house. After the questions it was luckily break, as Serena and her friends sat by the fountain the intercom announced how Principal Himbry want all his students to be safe and go straight home after school has ended. The small talk all of you were having by the fountain grew tiring so you decided to break the silence and ask Sidney a question that was until Tatum butted in and spoke first. Asking Sidney what questions she was asked, 'Such a stupid question we probably all got asked the same things.' Serena tried not to say out loud, "Well they asked me if I knew Casey." Sid stated sounding a bit pressured to answer, you felt a bit left out when I came to the two of them because Tatum and Sid had known each other a lot long than you'd known any of them. "Yeah, they asked me that too." Tatum said only to be stunned by Stu speaking to Billy and Randy. "Hey, did they ask you if you like to hunt."

"Yeah they did, they ask you?" Billy answered directing his question to the boys sitting by the fountain Stu nodded his head, Randy was throwing a grape up catching it in his mouth while thinking of more gruesome things that happened to the young couple. "Hunt? Why would they ask you if you like to hunt." Tatum asked while giving a fake shrug. "Cause their bodies were gutted." Randy spoke sounding awfully proud of the murders that occurred. Billy gave a sarcastic 'thanks' to the horror geek that sat next to you. The communication continued mainly how Tatum wasn't asked and about how a girl could never be the killer. "How do you gut someone?" Sidney finally said with a sad look in her eyes half expecting someone to sympathize her but not Stu. "You take a knife and you slit 'em from groin to sternum." Stu said with a crooked smile, Billy being the good boyfriend he is defended Sid "Hey it's called Tact you fuck-rag."

Sidney tried to break the chatter about gutting and murder by addressing Stu, "Hey Stu didn't you use to date Casey?" Tatum looked bothered by that question and the answers that followed Serena wasn't interested in hearing about it but after only a few seconds the boys started being boys and saying weird things about the murders before Stu threatened to gut Randy, Serena smiled slightly at the threat and how real it sounded. Your admiration of Stu ran short when Randy spoke yet again trying to be gross, "Did you really put her liver in the mailbox cause I heard that they found her liver in the mailbox next to her spleen and her pancreas." With a massive goofy smile on his face he stood up slightly before being interrupted by none other than Tatum "Randy you goon-fuck I'm trying to eat here." Softening the blow was Stu "She's getting mad, Randy. Better 'liver' alone."

This of course was Sidneys breaking point as she got up to leave and Stu sat there laughing, but stopped and tried to explain how his joke was funny after being hit in the arm by Billy. "Billy, come on not his fault your girlfriend can't take a joke." Serena glared at her brother before smiling at Stu, who returned her smile. Tatum obviously didn't like that at all and told Stu she wanted to go and he had to go with her.

The rest of the day went by as normal. Serena had a plan to go to Sidneys house because her dad wouldn't be home and neither would Sidneys but to her surprise Hank was home and for a change, not drunk. "This won't last long." She whispered to herself while strutting up the stairs quietly. She would have to sneak out later, whenever she hung out with Sidney she always arrived around 19h00 so she planned to do the same this day. Leaving her house with a bag on her back she left at forty-seven minutes past six. Sneaking out so her father wouldn't hear her -he still wasn't drunk and he was watching The news about Casey and Steve- Serena arrived at the house at twenty past seven there was screaming and when she tried to open the door it was locked, so she did what she always does when the door is locked and climbed through the window. She could see Sidney typing on her computer and someone trying to break through her blocked door.

Serena threw her bag on the floor and closed the window immediately going towards the door to stop the masked killer from poking his arm through but by the time she turned around he was gone, Sidney practically jumped into Serenas arms and hugged her. Before Serena could think there was a thudding noise her mobile telephone had fallen out of her pocket, Sid's face filled with sheer horror and she ran down the stairs with Serena follwing her confused as to why Sidney had ran but when the young brunette reached the door she let out a shriek. Dewey was at the door with a mask.

Billy stood near him hands cuffed behind his back, why was Billy there Serenas mind was running and she didn't know what to do. Cops rushed in and cuffed Serena aggressively

9 January 2024