𝟬𝟬𝟯. 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗲𝘀, 𝗖𝗮𝗺𝗽 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘀

As Darlyng approached the tent with cult ladies and Bianca, Elle started to indulge into a series of theories as to what was happening.

Use your magic dumbass these people clearly don't mind! Oh my stars, you have so many more things to worry about! Wait till your dad hears about this, If we ever make it back home that is..

Elle was becoming a raging headache so as the ladies sat down Darlyng gave her a light tap on the mouth to shush her little frog.

"So." Artemis, the goddess of hunt, began. "I understand you're quite confused"

Neither Bianca nor Dar said a word. Zoe's eyes hardened as if threatening us to reply to the child-like God in front of us.

Artemis continued to talk but it all smeared together as Elle piped up again and started to engage Darlyng in a quite fascinating conversation. A few moments later The boy from earlier, Percy Jackson entered the tent with Zoe. When had she left?

"Join us, Percy Jackson," the goddess said. He sat across from her on the tent floor. The goddess studied him for a moment or two, which made him fidget uncomfortably.

"Are you surprised by my age?" she asked.

"Uh... a little."

"I could appear as a grown woman, or a blazing fire, or anything else I want, but this iswhat I prefer. This is the average age of my Hunters, and all young maidens for whom I ampatron, before they go astray."

"Go astray?" He asked.

"Grow up. Become smitten with boys. Become silly, preoccupied, insecure. Forgetthemselves."

"Oh."

Zoe sat down at Artemis's right. She glared at him as if all the stuff Artemis had just said was his fault, like he'd invented the idea of being a guy.