𝟬𝟬𝟰. 𝗢𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗼𝗿 𝗢𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲?

Artemis assured us that dawn was coming but, it was colder and darker and snowier than ever. Up on the hill, Westover Hall's windows were completely lightless. Darlyng wondered if the teachers had even noticed that her, the di Angelos and Dr. Thorn were missing yet.

The Hunters broke camp as quickly as they'd set it up. Dar stood shivering in the snow (unlike the Hunters, who didn't seem to feel at all uncomfortable), the harsh winds hitting her exposed legs . Bianca sat off to one side, talking with Nico. Darlyng could tell from his gloomy face that she was explaining her decision to join the Hunt.

Thalia and Grover came up and huddled around Percy , anxious to hear what had happened in his audience with the goddess.

When he told them, Grover turned pale. "The last time the Hunters visited camp, it didn't go well."

"How'd they even show up here?" he wondered. "I mean, they just appeared out of nowhere."

"And Bianca joined them," Thalia said, disgusted. "It's all Zoe's fault. That stuck-up, no good-"

"Who can blame her?" Grover said. "Eternity with Artemis?" He heaved a big sigh.

Thalia rolled her eyes. "You satyrs. You're all in love with Artemis. Don't you get that she'll never love you back?"

"But she's so... into nature," Grover swooned.

"You're nuts," said Thalia.

"Nuts and berries," Grover said dreamily. "Yeah, but Percy," he continued, leaning closer. "What did they say about her?"

The three of them turned into Grovers line of sight, all now staring at the stranger in the pink dress.

"Not much," Percy stated. "She rejected the requested but I think she's a clear sighted mortal, Zoe said there were only five half-bloods."

Darlyng felt eyes on her as she lit another cigarette. Turning slowly she gave them a soft smile before walking over to them. Puffing out a breath of smoke she stuck out her hand.

"Darlyng Darling, nice to meet you" she exclaimed.

Percy looked at her hand dumbly "that's your name?" He said meeting her eyes.

Thalia elbowed Percy in the side as she should shook Dars hand with the other. "Nice to meet you too I'm Thalia Grace, I know this is probably a huge shock but we're the good guys and Im glad you didn't join those bitch hunters.