Chapter 2 - Lockdown

After Monokuma had left the gym, everyone broke into groups of four. Group A was Kirin, Sara, Tara, and Tashi. Group B was Likasi, Kasa, Chinuki, and Nikisha. Group C was Ichina, Daichi, Dakai, and Dashiki. Finally, Group D was Todakati, Yigana, Suchi, and Alana. Each group was assigned to a different area of the school. A searched the dorm area, B searched the cafeteria, C searched the hallways with the classrooms, and D searched the gym.

After a few hours, everybody regrouped in the gym to report their findings. Sara started with Group A's report.

"It seems like every single student here has been assigned a different private dormitory. Only the room's owner can unlock it, but it can be locked and unlocked from inside and outside. There weren't any windows in any of them, however." Likasi then presented B's findings.

"The cafeteria has a bunch of tables, and a giant metal plate covering the west wall. Weirdly enough, there's no kitchen attached. Just a cafeteria." Ichina then stepped up.

"Funny you should mention that, Likasi." He cleared his throat and began to report C's findings. "Now, obviously everybody woke up in one of the classrooms in that hallway, but we had found three other rooms, labeled Ultimate Research Labs." Dakai pushed Ichina out of the way.

"Now, like he said, there were only three labs, so we feel like if we look hard enough, we'll find the rest of them. Currently, though, we only have access to the Ultimate Librarian's Research Lab, the Ultimate Sniper's Research Lab, and the combination Ultimate Chef/Waiter's Research Lab. They're not locked via handbook, weirdly enough. It seems like anybody can enter them. But, that means we can make food since Ichina and Daichi's lab is a giant kitchen!" Everyone mumbled positively, other than Ichina, who was still angry that Dakai had taken his spotlight. Finally, Group D was up, and Alana started saying what they had found.

"We all have seen the gym. It's exactly like we all thought it was when we first got here. Empty, exitless, boring." Tara then spoke.

"So, we're trapped." Kirin nodded.

"Well, Monokuma did say that we were stuck here. I understand he's not the most trustworthy figure, but I don't think he would lie about that." Everyone looked down, disappointed. Suddenly, a ringing noise sounded across the gym. The 16 all looked up, figuring out the noise was coming from a television screen on the wall. It lit up, and all they could see was Monokuma's face.

"I hope all of you had a great time exploring! It seems you've seen all there is to see, so now, if you haven't already, I would like you all to read the rules. Please turn on your handbooks." They all obliged. "You may notice a tab labeled Rules. Please enter the tab, and swipe through the rules, reading each of them in turn." They all did so.

Rules

1. Leaving the school is prohibited.

2. Nighttime is from 10 PM to 7 AM. Multiple areas of the school are inaccessible during nighttime.

3. Students must sleep in their dormitories.

4. Students may only sleep during nighttime.

5. Students may explore the New Hope's Peak Academy to their heart's content.

6. If a murder takes place, the killer becomes "blackened" and will graduate, as long as they're not found out.

7. Injuring or attempting to injure Headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited.

8. Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in punishment.

9. More rules may be added later at Monokuma's discretion.

"Now that the rules have been read by all of you, it's officially nighttime! Everyone, please report to your dormitories immediately!" The screen then shut off. At that moment, everyone decided they would oblige, and they all left for their rooms.

 At that moment, everyone decided they would oblige, and they all left for their rooms

Remaining Students: 16