Chapter 9 - "Then I'm afraid you're out of luck."

Evette had been having a relatively good morning, until her uncle came to her and ruined it by suggesting they train alongside Cassian and Feyre, which was why Evette was currently scowling at her uncle as he dragged her to where they had been training.

"I don't need to train, uncle." Evette complained grouchily as they arrived, and Rhys, who had been watching Feyre and Cassian train, looked over in slight amusement. "Everyone knows this."

"Don't be lazy, Evette! If the new Fae girl is training...you ought to do so as well." Her uncle scolded her lightly, and her scowl intensified.

"Feyre has never trained a day in her life!" Evette pointed out displeased. "I have. I don't need to. It's not a necessity."

"Then perhaps do it for...morale? You could do with exploring your powers more now you have that stone." He told her.

"Morale?" Evette scoffed in disbelief. "I'm not doing that."

Caedmon turned and levelled her with a sharp glare, his amber eyes burning brighter. "Evette Du Pont!" He scolded her, making her look at him in bewilderment. He only called her by her father's name when he was really annoyed and mad at her. She counted herself lucky he didn't call her by her Royal last name, which was Tressilian, because he only did that when he was irreversibly and immovably furious. The Fey didn't use their last names much unless it was needed, which was basically never.

At this point, even Cassian and Feyre had paused to look over. "Fine!" Evette grumbled, which was exactly how she had been training non-stop for hours, that she had even began to breath a little heavily. At this point, Azriel had returned and was training with Rhys - he seemed a little...tense from the little Evette had glimpsed.

"I have something important to tell you." Evette told her uncle as she side stepped his sword, and landed a blow in his ribs by driving her knee into them. He lifted his swords end, and drove it into her side, making her stumble to the side.

"Okay." He replied. "What is it?" He swung his sword for her, and Evette held her hands up to him, and a strong gust of wind hit him and threw him back a good few feet. He drove his sword into the ground to stop going so far.

"You need to promise not to get mad." Evette told him pointedly.

"What did you do?" Her uncle asked her with a sigh, as he pulled his sword from the ground and walked towards her. He didn't make a move to attack her and she loosened her body up.

"I may have...made a blood offering to Osiris." Evette explained to him. "Last night."

"You did what?" Her uncle blurted out loudly, making her wince, and making the four Fae pause and stop to glance over. Her uncle's eyes landed on them, before he faced her again. "Are you absolutely insane, Evette? A blood offering...why would you even think that would be a good idea?" He changed languages swiftly.

"Roan's going to die." Evette told him. "I can't just...sit by and let it happen. What would you have done if it had been Ragnar and Moriah in this situation? My mother? Even Dulcamara? You'd do whatever you can to prevent it. And that's just what I'm doing...ensuring my brother doesn't die."

"Evette - "

"No one survives iron poisoning." Evette told him. "Osiris has the means to help him. To save him. And I'm not going to throw such an opportunity away...and I am willing to do whatever she wishes in return. For my brothers, I'd do anything. You know this." She gave him a pointed look. "Besides, I know how to make a deal...I'm no fool."

"There's a reason no one bothers with them to help with their problems with bargains and deals." Her uncle told her displeased. "Everyone avoids them for a reason."