Chapter 4: Run

Thank you so much for waiting. ♡ I hope you enjoy. -Raven

One of the young men started laughing in a low tone, two were sighing, muttering and groaning, and one hadn't bothered getting off his bed at all. He'd just rolled over and wrapped his blanket around himself tighter, covering most of his head.
"A killer? Come on... Gimme a break." His tone was loaded with attitude and ego. "It's late, no one's out shooting shit at anything or anyone!" This guy was the one who'd laughed. He had short, black, sweeping, messy hair and a large build. He looked like he lifted iron for breakfast, standing at about 6ft 3 with a very muscular body. He wore a grey-blue v-neck and grey sweatpants.

"Go outside and see for yourself then." Came the equally as antagonistic responce from the blondie, but in the strength he's started showing there was still fear being withheld. Fear in his unsteady voice that he was trying to stabilise, and in his shakey hands that trembled by his side. He seemed to have gotten more of a grip since going upstairs and finding Steph's body. Maybe that's when the reality and severity of the situation had finally set in.
Admittedly, it was brave, if foolish, the way he destroyed that door and opened it with his hand inside the cracks. For all he knew, the killer could've been standing right there, just waiting to chop his hand off or shoot a bullet through it. Guess it was just luck that he wasn't waiting. The fucker got spooked and ran off as soon as he realised people were coming.

The muscly young guy and Johnny were still locking eyes. It was obvious by the stupid looking smile on his face that he wasn't buying the story one bit. He slowly walked past the Johnny, going so close that they could probably smell each other right now. The man shoved past the smaller one with a meaty shoulder, his footsteps on the heavy side across the wooden floor. Nick had been nearby, so he snapped his arm out to the man, grabbed his sleeve and looked him in the eyes. "Please... rethink this. Don't take the bait. If you go, you could die."

The look on the raring jock was suddenly hesitant. It was clear Nick was being serious. But his ego was bigger than any fear and doubt that had crept into his muscle filled mind, especially with the guys behind him watching. He scoffed and shook his head in dismissal before shrugging Nick's hand off of him. "What a joke," He muttered, continuing to tough-guy-walk his way to the door. He swung the door open and it slammed on the outside of the hut.

The bitter, cold night wind drifted into his shirt, making the fabric hug his muscle bound body, and the winds blew his hair across his forehead. He walked out a little further from the front of the hut. It was hard to see outside now that it was so dark; his eyes had gotten used to the light on the cabin. The trees shifted and swayed and the stars twinkled high above him, his neck craned to see them. He took in a deep breath of the crisp night air and let it out as a relaxing sigh. He looked around, scanning the edges of what he could see in the darkness. He saw no movement that wasn't nature, and definitely didn't see any killer. He shook his head to himself, whispering, "Bullshit."

Your eyes shifted over to Johnny who looked like he was in silent disapproval and disbelief at the young man who seemed so eager to prove himself. The guys behind you were all talking amongst themselves. You could hear the uncertainty in their voices though. They weren't as big as the other guy, egotistically or otherwise.

Outside, the jock's arms raised out to the side as he continued to step back into the night, slowly turning around to you all. "Hey, bitch! Come get me! I'm open! And COMPLETELY UNARMED!"
You shook your head and started to storm over to him, anger taking over. He was about to get fucked out there, but Nick grabbed your upper arm tightly, making you stop in your tracks.
"No. Stay here. If you go out there, you'll only make yourself a target too. Stay. We've warned him. Don't kill yourself for him too." The counselor said to you quietly before looking back outside. "Son, get back on the cabin."