Chapter 11

Mina didn't find herself waiting for too long before her sister burst through the doors, running into her arms. Surprisingly, she wasn't crying. She was laughing.

"You were really funny!" Sana grinned, and Mina raised her eyebrow.

"Was I? I was just stating the obvious." She then looked at her sister with concern. Her cheek was red, like she'd been slapped. "Are you alright?"

"No. I tried to speak up then Mother hit me." She pouted. "I don't understand how you managed years of that, you're really amazing."

Mina wanted to smile, but since she couldn't, Sana smiled for her.

"Don't worry, Mitang! I know you're touched." She winked. Despite all of this, Mina could see that her sister was still upset.

"How are you feeling? About the news, I mean."

"I feel terrified and trapped!" Sana exclaimed. A little like Mina, who often talked about sad things casually, Sana had a tendency to talk about sad things with a smile. "I would feel better if you did something for me, though..."

"What is it?" Mina asked. She wasn't expecting her sister's answer.

"SLEEPOVER!"

🐧👑🐧

Mina was making her way across the castle, her handmaiden right beside her. 

"You know, this is really cute." Nayeon commented, and the princess turned to her.

"How do you mean?"

"A sister sleepover. My sister never wanted to have a sleepover with me, she thinks I'm too old." Nayeon frowned. "I'm only a few years older than her..."

"That's rude. Why hasn't your sister been punished for her ignorance?" The princess questioned, almost robotically. Nayeon looked at her with wide eyes.

"No, it's not like that at all! Seo-yeon's really kind, she just teases me a lot." The handmaiden beamed when she spoke of her sister. "She doesn't need to be punished for that."

Mina blinked, like she was taking in new information.

"She doesn't...?"

"Nope!"

Mina nodded hesitantly. She turned her head to look behind them, and a worker was walking. He was a handsome man, so Nayeon guessed that that was the reason why the princess kept staring. She knew royalty weren't supposed to fall in love with commoners, but she was ready to support whatever decision Mina would make, even if it meant breaking her own heart.

However, Nayeon quickly realised she was wrong. Very wrong. She saw the man smile as he acknowledged Mina, and the princess immediately turned to Nayeon, and discreetly tugged at her handmaiden's sleeve.

"Can we walk faster?" She whispered, and Nayeon didn't waste any time. All she knew was that this man was making the princess uncomfortable, and the handmaiden hated that idea. Soon, though, he made his way beside them, and Mina moved closer to Nayeon.

"Princess Mina," He grinned. "I haven't seen you in a while."

Mina squinted her eyes nervously. "Yes, it's been a couple of years. I don't usually walk in this section."

"Where are you two headed?"

"My sister's room." Mina said, her voice weak. She flinched when the man spoke again. He was putting on a kind act, but Nayeon could see right through him. The energy he was giving off was negative, to put it plainly, and she didn't care for how he looked at Mina.