~lower moon 12~

{Genya's pov}

This demon may be the new moon but it looks weak as fuck. "This demon is mine!"

"You think killing a demon from the 12 keizuki will make you hashira? That's funny. Only skill and strength, plus the amount of demons you killer makes you hashira. The moons only boost the speed in your rankings" Sanemi spoke.

"Shut up, I already know that. This demon is still mine." I argued

The walls started shifting as the demon moved weirdly. I stepped forward keeping a grip on my katana's handle.

"Them other slayers must have been weak to die by a demon like this." Sanemi sounded pissed "enough to send me to the job."

The room had a sudden breeze as I looked over at Sanemi using his breathing style. The demon made its first attack going for Sanemi first, his blood was exposed. The demon didn't last long against him, the walls started fading and the demon disintegrated as we stood outside the house again.

"Asshole, I said the demon was mine!" I was clearly annoyed.

"Not my fault it came after me first," he grinned.

"Liar, you're bleeding and that's a sword wound." I stared at him watching him look all smug.

I checked the house and things were indeed normal again.

"I'm going back to Muichiro, he was warned before I left. Can't worry him even more." I said watching the sunrise.

"I'm coming aswell, I want to see what you manage to see in him"

"Wahtever." I started heading back to the road, walking down it making my way back to the butterfly mansion.

It was around noon when I returned to the butterfly mansion."Muichiro?" I called out his name, looking around for him. I went out into the garden to see Tanjiro, boar head, and blonde training. Aoi doing chores and kanao by the well. I look over to the tree to see a sleeping Muichiro.

I sit down by him and gently pulls him onto my lap so he may sleep in comfort

"What are you doing?" I heard Sanemi's voice, to be honest I forgot about him.

"I'm letting him sleep, stupid." I whispered

Muichiro let out quiet noises as he woke up. He rubbed his eyes before noticing me. A hint of red showed up his cheeks.

"Afternoon sleepy." I spoke softly as I brushed some hair out of his face.

"Genya, you're back!" He sounded happy, his sleepy voice is adorable.

"I'm still here jackass." Sanemi spoke.

"Shut up and find something better to do, Nemi."

Sanemi left after I said that. I stroked Muichiros cheek, I wanted to kiss him so bad

"Genya!!" He spoke sounding embarrassed towards my touch. I then snapped out of my own thoughts and turned red.

"Ah, I'm sorry Muichiro I got distracted. I didn't mean anything."

______________________________________

Happy new year!!! 2024 new chapters coming soon currently working on chapter 18!!