Disappearing girl

Four months later

It was the last day of school before the Christmas holidays began and Lilia Monroe was late.

The clock struck nine, signalling the start of first period as she reached her locker.

Shit.

Shoving her things in her locker as fast as she could, Lilia slammed it shut, swinging round to run. But instead, she swung straight into something causing her to fall.

A pair of green eyes stared down at her through a mess of black hair.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked, concern swirling in his eyes. He held out his hand to help her up. She took it groaning with embarrassment.

"No. I'm really late for class." She sighed as he pulled her back up to her height. He looked down at her sheepishly. Now that she was back on her feet she took a moment to take in his appearance. Since the boy was taller than her, she had to look up at him. A mess of black hair fell around his face, almost covering his eyes. They were a sea green unlike any she'd seen before.

"Sorry." He coughed awkwardly.

"It's okay..?" Her voice trailed off as she realised she didn't recognise him.

"Percy. Percy Jackson." He replied, as if reading her mind. "And you are?" He smiled more at ease.

"Lilia Monroe." Despite the fact she was now even more late she couldn't help but grin back.

"How come I've never seen you around?" He smirked.

"I've only been here since September. Plus it's a big school." She shrugged back.

"Funnily enough, I started in September as well." The two laughed. It was a shame she hadn't met him earlier in the year, they would get along well.

Percy checked the time on his phone before looking back up. "We should probably get to class." He laughed slightly.

"Right yeah. See you around?" She smiled kindly.

"I'll take your word for it." He smirked before heading off to his class. Lilia went the other way, no longer caring to much about how late she was.

As soon as she arrived at the boundary, she instinctively made her way towards the Apollo cabin, praying her best friend would be there.

She walked in, a couple campers were sat around, she didn't recognise any of them from when she had last been here. She pulled back the familiar curtains of the bed in the far corner of the cabin, but her heart sank slightly as she found it empty.

"Lil?" A soft voice came from behind her.

Celia Jones stared at her, various emotions crossing through her eyes before she leapt forward pulling the blonde girl into a tight hug.

"It really is you. I can't believe you're here. How are you here?!" Celia cried quietly into her hair.

"I missed you Cee." She giggled, slightly teary eyed, as she breathed in her familiar, sweet smell. She pulled away and took in all of her friend. Her warm brown hair that glowed red in the sun, her beautiful honey brown eyes. The red blush across her tanned cheeks. The only way to describe Celia Jones is as the sun itself. Along with all Apollos children, they radiate light and warmth.

"I missed you more. Don't ever leave again." Celia said with a pleading voice.

"I'm not planning on it." She replied.