The Great God Pan is dead

They ran until they were exhausted. Lilia's chest burnt as Rachel led them away from traps, no location in their minds other than away.

They stopped in a tunnel of wet white rock, like a part of a natural cave. There was no sound from behind them, but Lilia didn't feel any safer, her breathing was heavy and fast, she couldn't tell wether she was out of breath or having a panic attack, most likely both.

"I can't go any further." Rachel gasped hugging her chest.

Annabeth had cried the entire run, as soon as they stopped she collapsed on the ground and placed her head in her knees. Lilia sat beside her, listening as her sobs echoed through the tunnel.

Percy and Nico slumped down beside Lilia.

"That sucked." Nico said between breaths.

"You saved our lives." Percy said.

Nico wiped dust from his face. "Blame Lili for dragging us along. You needed help, she knew you'd get yourself in trouble."

"Nice she trust me." He said nudging her shoulder with his. She rolled her eyes half heartedly. "Nico...you, uh, kind of gave yourself away back there."

"What do you mean?"

"That wall of black stone? That was pretty impressive. But if Kronos didn't know who you were before, he does now—a child of the underworld."

Nico frowned. "Big deal."

Lilia watched him carefully, make sure not to stop comforting Annabeth. He didn't look scared, but Lilia could feel it, a gift from her mother she supposed, feeling others emotions—an empath.

Annabeth lifted her head, her eyes were red from crying. "What... what was wrong with Luke? What did they do to him?"

Percy looked at Lilia nervously, before telling them what he'd seen. How Ethan had pledged himslef to Kronos. Lilia's eyes focused on the wall, a frown forming on her face.

"No." Annabeth said. "That can't be true. He couldn't—"

"He gave himself over to Kronos," Percy said. "I'm sorry, Annabeth. But Luke is gone."

"No!" she insisted. "You saw when Rachel hit him."

Percy nodded, looking at Rachel with respect. "You hit the Lord of the Titans in the eye with a blue plastic hairbrush."

Rachel looked embarrassed. "It was the only thing I had."

"But you saw," Annabeth insisted. "When it hit him, just for a second, he was dazed. He came back to his senses."

"So maybe Kronos wasn't completely settled in the body, or whatever," Percy said. "It doesn't mean Luke was in control."

"You want him to be evil, is that it?" Annabeth yelled. "You didn't know him before, Percy. I did!"

"Maybe I didn't, but Lilia did. I don't see her going round defending him!" Percy yelled back.

"Both of you, Knock it off!" Lilia sighed watching their eyes fog as the charm-speak worked its way into their heads.

Annabeth turned on her. "Lilia can you stop messing with our heads for once? You don't care about Luke anymore, you..."

Whatever she was going to say, her voice broke. She put her head down and sobbed miserably.

Lilia's face dropped, she sat and stared at the wall.

"We have to keep moving," Nico said. "He'll send monsters after us." Nobody was in any shape to run, but Nico was right. Percy hauled myself up and helped Rachel to her feet.