Jealousy, jealousy

It had been two weeks since the explosion, no one had heard from Percy since. Lilia didn't want to give up, but it didn't seem possible for him to come back now.

The campers were gathered at the amphitheatre for a memorial, Lilia sat quietly in the front row as Chiron made the announcement. She had her head bowed as Celia and Annabeth sat on either side comforting her.

She couldn't bring herself to listen to it, but her head snapped up at the words "—presumed dead," Chiron spoke sadly. "After so long a silence, it's unlikely our prayers have been answered. I have asked Lilia to do the final honours."

She stood up quietly and looked out at all the faces, everyone's heads were bowed, nobody, not even Clarisse spoke.

"He was probably the bravest person I've ever met," she began, her voice trembling as she tried to keep it together. "He..." she looked up her eyes meeting the familiar sea green ones she'd become so fond of. "He's right there!" She said.

Heads turned to where she was looking, gasps filled the amphitheatre.

"Percy!" Charles Beckendorf grinned. A bunch of other kids surrounded him, patting his back and cheering. Lilia stayed still, too shocked even to move.

Chiron cantered over and everyone made way for him. "Well," he sighed with obvious relief. "I don't believe I've ever been happier to see a camper return. But you must tell me—"

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN PERSEUS?" Lilia made her way toward him, pushing her way through the crowd, everyone tensed, ready for her to hit him or something worse.

But instead she wrapped her arms around his neck so tightly he thought he was going to suffocate. Then she realised she was making a scene and shoved him away, hard.

"I—we thought you were dead!"

"I'm sorry," he said. "I got lost."

"LOST?" she yelled. "Two weeks, Percy? Where in the world-"

"Lilia," Chiron interrupted. "Perhaps we should discuss this somewhere more private, shall we? The rest of you, back to your normal activities!"

Without waiting for them to protest, he picked up Lilia and Percy as easily as if they were kittens, slung them both on his back, and galloped off toward the Big House.

Percy explained the story to them as Annabeth made her way into the room. Lilia watched him carefully, she was sure he wasn't telling them everything, he wouldn't even look her in the eyes.

"You were gone two weeks," Lilia said shakily. "When I heard the explosion I thought..." she trailed off, they all knew what she thought.

"I know." He said. "I'm sorry. But I figured out how to get through the Labyrinth. I spoke to Hephaestus."

"He told you the answer?" Annabeth asked.

"Well, he sort of told me that I already knew. And I do. I understand now."

"Well, what is it then?" Lilia raised her eyebrows.

"We need Rachel Elizabeth Dare, she can see through the mist." He explained his plan to them, all whilst Lilia scowled at the idea of her being apart of this.

Annabeth's jaw dropped. "Percy that's crazy!"

Chiron sat back in his wheelchair and stroked his beard. "There is precedent, however. Theseus had the help of Ariadne. Harriet Tubman, daughter of Hermes, used many mortals on her Underground Railroad for just this reason."