~ 001 ~

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Maya had been through many heartbreaks in her life, her parents not accepting her, and breaking up with her first love, and one of the biggest ones right now was not being accepted into the dance world. It felt like every other dancer or choreographer was making it big in Korea, except her. She was very thankful for her best friend and roommate Mika Tsunoda. They first met when Mika was debuting, Maya helped her a lot with dancing. And Mika helped Maya get some confidence in the K-pop world, helping her work with more Idols.

Now she only really works with Mika, unless someone reaches out to her which is slim to none. She does classes here and there at different academies in Seoul. The most prominent work she's done for Mika is 'Spicy' and her most recent single from her new mini album 'Better Things'.

But the thing that sucks the most is that she gets close to zero recognition. And the laughable thing is her 'Better Things' chores got famous on TikTok and people still don't want her. Sometimes she felt like giving up being a choreographer and just moving to America to go to school and make music. She's thought about this a lot, it's always in the back of her mind. But she knows she really can't go back there, she would be too close to her parents, and that freaks her out. She grew up in Vancouver, Canada and her parents still live there. And even though she would be in a different country than them, it still felt too close. Being on a whole different continent is better for her.

She came out to her parents in 2019, she had already been living in Korea for a year. She and her parents never really had the best relationship, they always expected the worst from her. So when she came out they finally got the 'worst' that they had been looking for for years and cut contact. And that's also the year that her best friend and girlfriend of two years broke up with her and went ghost, giving her no explanation. So you could say that was the worst year of her life, which it was.

So now she's here, sitting in her living room playing guitar waiting for Mika to get home from the airport. Having just gone to see her boyfriend for a couple of days before she got really busy again. Maya had been learning 'Tek it' by Cafune, wanting to record a cover of it soon; she has never posted them before though. Her friends have told her to but she likes keeping them to herself.

As she peacefully played her guitar she got interrupted by her apartment door being thrown open. Startled Maya looked towards her door and saw Mika walking in the door with her big suitcase. "Did you have to throw the door open?" Maya questioned her best friend standing up and walking towards her.

Mika rolled her eyes, "Well it was urgent, and I have some fun news for you." Mika smiled at her going in for a hug. Maya practically melted into the hug, she hadn't had the best week while she was gone so she was glad she was back.

"Wait before you tell me how Monaco was?" Maya said wanting to hear about what she did.

Mika smiled brightly, excited to tell her about what she and her boyfriend, Lando, did. "It was really fun but also very chill. We just enjoyed each other's company, we needed it. But dude I forgot about the temperature change, I forgot it was cold here so I looked like a crazy person getting off the plane in just a t-shirt." Mika rambled on about everything they did, Maya just listened enjoying having her back in the apartment.

"Oh! The thing I was supposed to tell you about. You know that song I was recording around two weeks ago for SmTown?" Maya nodded, remembering how excited she was to work with the few members of Nct that were on the song with her. "Well, it wasn't originally supposed to have choreo but Taeyong got inspired by it and asked if he could make choreo for it and they said yes. And he mentioned that he needed some help producing it and I mentioned you and he liked the idea. I think he's getting another person to help produce it as well but now you have something to do! I know how much you've been wanting to do some more chores so here's your chance, you better say yes."

Maya was shocked about how much info she was receiving all at once, and she also thought this would be something fun since she hadn't worked with anyone other than Mika in a while. So she knew should do it, "I'll do it, but my one question is do you know who the other person producing it will be? I usually choreograph alone." Maya asked the girl.

"He didn't say anything about it, he just had to see if she wasn't busy, that's all I know. Thank god you said yes because I already told him you did." Mika said to the girl not having a clue of who the other person would be.

"Mika! What if I said no?" Maya asked the girl with a worried look on her face.

Mika laughed, "I would have made you do it." Maya rolled her eyes at the audacity of her best friend. 

"Well make sure you're not busy tomorrow because we're getting right into it!" Mika excitedly told the girl walking to her bedroom and rolling her suitcase behind her.

Maya rolled her eyes at the girl and yelled 'Sounds good!' to her walking towards her room to get ready for bed. She had a little bit of anxiety because she usually works alone and when she doesn't it's with people she is close with. So she's hoping it's not someone super famous or something or she would be stressed out, not wanting to embarrass herself.

꧁꧂

yooniverse

liked by moonlitmika, islando and more

yooniverse- finally got my gf back from her bf 😊

moonlitmika and we're going straight to work!!!!
~yooniverse so fun!
moonlimika hi gf 🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️
~yooniverse hiiiiii 🤭🤭🤭🤭
~islando glad to know where my girlfriends priorities lay...
~moonlitmika babe you have Carlos...
peacefulkang SHES BACK!!!!
lunaeclipse my girlfriends!!!!

꧁꧂

First chapter!!!!!
I hope you guys will enjoy it!!!
Don't forget to vote 😘😘

꧁꧂