• Tormenting Whispers •

•______________•

•______________•

Phir koi aas mar gayi shayad
Kiyun zameen asmaan soug main hain

•______________•

In her twenty three years of existence, she had come across many things, uncountable emotions but she could confidently and doubtlessly say that none of them hadbeen this strong and this consuming as the one she felt at the moment.

Her mother tried to hug her with her teary eyes but she immediately stepped back, moving away from her reach making the elderly figure gaze back at her with utter agony and raw guilt dancing in her orbs.

Guilt?
Why had they just felt it now and not before when they were ready to force her into a wedding she didn't want?
Why hadn't they felt it when the news of groom running away spread like wildfire making people form assumptions and gossips about her character and somehow putting the blame on her that she was the reason behind all this, because just how could the precious feudal men be ever at wrong?
It was always the women who were sinister and wicked and manipulated them and tried to always look for their own benefit!

Why hadn't the regret and guilt danced in their eyes the moment they had selected a substitute groom for her and ignoring the misery and disbelief she went through, still forced her into signing those nikkah papers as if they were so tired from her existence, as if her frame was a burden to them that they never wanted to carry with themselves, or even associate with their respectable and well reputed frames.
To hell with their respect and reputation!

For the first time, she felt that sudden urge and desire to see them lose all their reputation and respect infront of the whole world, for their so called precious family name to be trampled under others' feet so they'd realize what one's heart actually went through when the ground was snatched from below their feet and sky was removed from above their heads.
She really wanted these so called izzatdar people to fall down like ashes, crumble and turn into dust with all their so called izzat and gherat which they used to force others to give into their cruel decisions.

Such strong and negative emotions were so foreign to her, she'd never ever in her life felt them this intently but now, as she was few seconds away from leaving the zanan khana and entering the mardan khana for her rukhsati, she really wished for them to suffer the same pain and agony they threw in her life.

There was no need for this facade and feigning of sadness infront of the whole khandan to show how much they loved this daughter of theirs and were actually saddened by her leaving.
You don't make the daughters you love scapegoats!
Nor do you easily and carelessly hand them over to any man who offers to marry them after their groom runs away!
If they are such baggage and burden, why not kill them the moment they are born, why not never give birth to them?!
Atleast, they would be saved from this misery, this lifetime damnation!