CHAPTER 13

Myra

My eyes opened with the continuous blaring of alarm. I opened my eyes with so much effort. It was early hours in the morning. Yesterday maa sa asked me to wake up early for the Sargi.

(Sargi is the food that's eaten by the woman who fasts through the day, after taking a bath in the early hours of the morning)

I looked at the other side of bed only to find it empty. I wondered where he could have gone so early in the morning. I was about to leave when my eyes went to a box and a paper lying on the bed. Some words were written which intrigued my attention.

"JAAN" (LOVE)

I took the paper in my hand and the box along with it.

Good morning wifey,

This is a little present from me. I want you to wear this today only when you are comfortable.

Adhiraj

A smile formed on my face seeing his sincere care. I kissed the letter where his name was written. Folding the paper, I put it nicely beside me.

Opening the box, a gasp left my mouth. It has a beautiful red saree with a gold design. I always love wearing a saree but due to my work it sometimes becomes difficult for me to handle it but whenever I got chance, I used to wear it. I carefully took the saree out of box; the fabric was so soft to touch.

I kept it in the box, and the note in the drawer safely.

After seeing the time, I hurriedly got ready. Wearing the Red suit with matching jewelry and applying the vermillion. Seeing myself in the mirror, a blush coated my cheeks. I went downstairs.

As I entered the dining hall, I saw maa sa and Dadi sa both sitting on the chair eating their Sargi not only them, but I saw Baba sa and Dada sa also sitting with them, feeding them with their own hands 

As I entered the dining hall, I saw maa sa and Dadi sa both sitting on the chair eating their Sargi not only them, but I saw Baba sa and Dada sa also sitting with them, feeding them with their own hands  . I went towards them and touched their feet.

"Agya mera bacha, chal jldi se tu bhi kuch khale" maa sa said to me.

(You came, come quickly and you also eat something)

Nodding as I sat on the chair; I saw Adhiraj coming from the kitchen holding a plate in his hand. He sat on the head chair with me sitting on his left. He forwarded the plates towards me which contained all the items of a Sargi.