CHAPTER-22

Author's POV

The rain beat relentless beats against the windshield, each dropping a drumbeat thrumming against Myra's already fragile heart. Outside, the world blurred into a watercolour wash of grey, mirroring the storm brewing within her. He is back.

Her past which she was trying so hard to forget is back and irony is the person who did so much bad to her was the person saved by her hands

Her past which she was trying so hard to forget is back and irony is the person who did so much bad to her was the person saved by her hands. Beside her, Adhiraj navigated the slick roads with stoic focus, his silence a comforting presence in the car not asking anything to her.

But he can clearly see something was bothering her from the time he has picked her from the hospital. Adhiraj was in a meeting when his mother called him to bring Myra back with him as their driver was on leave and the weather was also not good. So they do not want Myra to be alone and stuck in such kind of weather.

Myra stared out the window, but her gaze pierced through the curtain of rain, into the depths of a memory she'd spent years trying to bury.

She felt a familiar ache bloom in her chest, threatening to spill over. Closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply, trying to find the comfort through the waves of sorrow.
Suddenly a warm hand settled on hers, bringing her to the present.

Adhiraj’s touch, light yet unwavering, sent a current of strength through her veins

Adhiraj’s touch, light yet unwavering, sent a current of strength through her veins. Ensuring her that everything will be fine, providing a comfort that he is here with her to protect her from whatever is trying to bother her.

"Want to talk about it?" His voice was soft, unhurried. He really wanted to know what was bothering her so much. 

Myra hesitated; the words trapped in her throat not knowing what to tell him, how to tell him. How will he react after knowing, will he also leave her like her years ago or will he try to protect her. Yet, under the shelter of his gaze, a vulnerability she'd held captive finally surrendered. She spoke, her voice a rasping whisper at first, then gaining strength with each word.

'Humne apko kuch cheeze hai joh nhi batai hai, kuch aisi cheez joh humarein past ss Judi Hui hai".
(There are some things I haven't told you. Something that is related to my past.)