Forlorn Ruler

After struggling for an hour, clinging to the hope of saving the creature most dear to me, and facing reality, I was fully prepared to end it there. Nothing in the world could surprise me anymore, and I believed no one could stop me. That is until I witnessed the miracle, a being far from the reach of mere mortals, and far distant from all concepts of reality. Its existence should have been a thing of the past, its aura locked behind the fantasy of books, and yet somehow, more divine than God, more cursed than the devil, and more blessed than the hero, it existed right before my eyes. 

"So then, you are the one who brought the Eternium weapon, kid?" The being, whose name was Rimuru, asked me with a smile. "What was your name again?"

"S-Sahas," I uttered after a silence that felt like an eternity. 

"I see, well then. Tell me about it. How did a kid like you manage to find an Eternium weapon? And how exactly did you carry it?"

His voice was as mystical as moonlight and his gentle eyes felt like the grace of god. I would have guessed him to be a girl due to his beautiful long hair that flowed down like a majestic river, as well as his face that made the most beautiful of jewels feel pale, but from what I could gather from his conversation with Lestrade, he referred to himself as a male. However, I highly doubt such a divine creature could be bound by mere mortal concepts like those. 

"I am sorry but, I have no idea about what you are asking," I replied, lowering my eyebrows. "I just came here chasing after someone important to me right when a mysterious vortex appeared in the sky and devoured us. In all honesty, I expected myself to have died back then. Not that it matters, I was already too late." 

I explained everything clearly and concisely. There was no merit in hiding anything, not like lying was even a possibility. Maybe it was his calm, all-knowing demeanor, but his eyes felt like gazing at something deep within my soul. My mind was an open book, something that he could skim over freely and rip apart just as easily. 

"I see. I understand the situation," he finally replied. "Even if you carried it here unknowingly, I was able to get free earlier than expected thanks to you." His tone shifted from curiosity to tenderness, as if talking to a child. 

"R-Rimuru sama," Lestrade pleaded. "May I dare to ask what you plan on doing with me?" His face looked like a guilty prisoner begging before the jury to suspend his statement. 

"Well then, let me ask you," Rimuru held his hand gently and asked. "Do you have someone waiting for you?" 

"Huh?" A wave of confusion rose in the air. "I beg your pardon..."

"I mean, do you have any friends or family waiting for you to reach alive?" Rimuru repeated in a forgiving tone. 

"I-I guess I have a daughter and..." 

Lestrade went on to describe some specifics about his friends and a supposedly existing family. I didn't think a guy like him could speak with such emotion, or is it just a farce? Is Rimuru going to forgive a piece of trash just for a reason like that? He is far more soft and emotional than I expected. I-

"In that case," Rimuru raised his hand after listening to the whinings of the guy. "You don't need to worry at all."

"D-do I get to live?" asked Lestrade, his eyes wide open, brimming with hope. "R-Rimuru sama is great!" 

"I will create another soul, an exact duplicate after I dismantle yours," he declared. "Your friends, acquaintances, even your daughter will never be able to tell it apart. So you don't have to worry. No one will suffer because of your death." He lowered his arm and softly tapped the guy on his head.