Settlement

When we were still trapped in the seal, once, master asked me a very interesting question.

"Tell me, Ciel," he said, his lone voice reverberating in the darkness. "Do you think we can ever get him back?" He asked, sad and listless, like staring into the endless horizon.

<Master...> I replied, unable to hide my =uncertainty and helplessness.

"It's okay," he said. "You can speak the truth."

<... Azathoth's existence has been completely erased. Even if we tried to create it from scratch with its constituent skills, there is no hope.>

"I see," he said. His voice was lifeless but satisfied. "It's just wishful thinking."

Then there was silence. A long, defeating silence.

<... It won't be long before we are free again,> I said, trying to cheer him. <You should sleep, and the next time you wake up, it will be over.>

"Ah, yes," his voice regained some life. "We will be free soon. And I can't wait to meet with everyone else."

"I wonder though," he continued. "It would have been thousands, if not tens of thousands, of years when we meet again, right?"

<Yes, if everything goes well,> I replied. <It will only feel like a few months to you, or a few years if you decide to wake up again. And although the chances are extremely high, there's no guarantee that we will be the first to wake up.>

"Yes, there are just too many variables. In any case, I wonder... how much would they have changed."

<...> 'Master, even if everyone else would have changed, I still am and will be the same- always eager to go to any lengths to fulfil your wishes.

...

..

.

"Ciel-san? Ciel-san? Are you there?"

'Ah.'

A sudden jolt brought me back to the real world.

"Yes, what is it, Sahas?" I asked, staring at the kid.

"I can't say I ever imagined," he said, his eyes rolling in astonishment. "That someone like you would be capable of being lost in thought."

"I was not... doesn't matter," I said, letting go. "According to Rimuru's will, I have not analyzed your thoughts and memories, and I don't plan on doing so either."

"Ah, thanks, I guess?" he replied, bewildered.

"As such, I need some information from you regarding this place."

"Alright," he said, "I will do my best to help you. For starters this place, or what remains of it, is in the middle of a city named Synth, which is the heart of the nation of Elancia. And I will say, your dungeon has destroyed about-"

"12.4328475% of the entire city. Alright, let's get somewhere else first," I said, sensing multiple human and demihuman entities fast approaching. In an instant, I created a small subspace dimension and transported us.

*

The Synth city, one of the oldest cities of the Nation of Elancia, and now its capital. The city was named so because of its unique natural environment, a beauty that could almost be called 'musical,' was now in chaos because of a great disaster - the first ever since its foundation a thousand years ago.

"The adventurer's guild is another entity on its own but that's all you need to know about this city, Ciel san."

Sahas told me a lot of things about this place, even more so than I had expected. But the ones that piqued my interest were The Scholars' District, the Great Prison, and the Administration Area.