prologue

✩°。⋆⸜ 🎧✮˙✧˖°📷 ༘ ⋆。˚

✩°。⋆⸜ 🎧✮˙✧˖°📷 ༘ ⋆。˚

nathalia santos garcia was an ordinary girl. at least that's what she thought she was. her father, brothers and friends may have disagreed, but she was sure of it. she thought she must be ordinary, plain, boring even, since she barely got attention from men. at least any interesting men. the only relationships she did have only meant she left them with more baggage than she had going into them. she wanted someone to make her feel what she knew she wasn't; extraordinary. what she didn't know was that her best friend's older brother was the one to make her feel that way.

thalia always performed well in school; not terrible or amazing but good enough to impress her father. although, he didn't need much impressing as she was the only girl in the family and he doted on her for that. she didn't stand out much from her siblings, as they were all incredibly intelligent, as was she. especially her twin brother, joshua. not that she hated him, in fact she loved him as he was her built in best friend. but he was the golden child. he was the genius and the talented one, whereas she was average. with them being twins, it meant her whole life she had been compared to her best friend. and she couldn't wait for someone to see her as her own person, not the more disappointing extension of her brother. since she was a hopeless romantic, she hoped this person would give her the love she found in the romance movies she loved. and possibly they would fall in love with her immediately.

so when she met ryleigh and her younger brother rico, she was overjoyed. they were the only people who actually preferred thalia to her brothers and that brought her great joy. this doubled with meeting the two younger girls; maeline and leilani. maeline went to the same highschool as ryleigh and thalia and was in the year above rico. they both took to her after they defended her against some bullies. they took her under their wing and vowed to protect her. leilani, on the other hand, was a family friend of thalia's, as their fathers had went to the same university. the four of them ( plus rico ) became an incredibly tight unit and stuck by each other, despite their support of rival teams. and when ryleigh met cj, and took her under her wing, she had become the group's younger sister.

thalia had met madison at university, instantly hitting it off with her. they both bonded as they grew up in the north, away from the ways of london, where they would live for the following three years. they both bonded over being surrounded by boys growing up. and they both bonded over feeling like they would never be as special as their siblings. although madison and trent were incredibly close growing up, she couldn't help but resent him for being the child her parents put the most energy in, leaving her neglected.

this caused her to feel the need to branch out and make friends with rafaella and malia. they were the only people to view her as her own person. the only people who didn't care that her brother was a football prodigy and she rather enjoyed that. it's why she was so eager to introduce them to thalia. she was especially eager to introduce rafaella and thalia to each other, since rafaella had moved to manchester and needed some friends ( she didn't want to have to resort to being friends with her ex ). and thalia introduced her friends to madison. funnily enough, they all bonded over their past or current friendships and or relationships with footballers. with most of them having to interact with them. apart from thalia.