Chapter 6

attitude.
jahseh??
that regular ass name 😭
u was too hollywood to tell me THAT?

(407) xxx-xxxx
😂
my bad my badd

"He has you smiling againnn!" Essence sings out as she walks into my room.

I don't attempt to hide my smile this time. "He just told me his name."

She looks at her reflection in my mirror. "What's his name?" She asks without much effort.

"Jahseh," I say as I type up a text back.

Then, Essence freezes.

Causing me to do the same. "What?" I ask, a little shaken by her sudden silence.

"Jahseh?" She repeats.

"Yeah," I shrug. "Weird name, but I guess it's something I could get used to." I go back to texting, but as I'm doing so, I can feel Essence staring. "Girl. What? Stop staring."

"Ask him his last name."

"Why? That's weird."

"Just do it."

I look at her a few seconds more before typing. I'm only doing this for her sake.

attitude.
what's ur last name?

jahseh
onfroy.
what's yours?

"He said his last name was Onfroy." I say without looking up from my phone.

Essence gasps and runs over to snatch my phone from me.

My face scrunches almost immediately as I hold in a 'bitch' from escaping my mouth.

She pulls up Safari and types his name into the search bar. A bunch of photos of a lightskin pops up.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"JAHSEH ONFROY!" She yells out. "I KNEW IT."

"What the fuck," I mutter, confused and obviously uninterested in whatever b.s. she's talking about.

"LUXURY! THAT'S XXXTENTACION!" She shouts.

"Who the hell?" I question. "Xxx what?"

"Oh my gosh, you're about to piss me off." She shows me a picture of the guy she looked up.

My eyes widen in realization.

"Do you know who he is now?" Essence asks.

"A pornstar?" I ask with genuine confusion.

She looks at me as if I just said the dumbest shit ever.

I take my phone back and roll my eyes, "Is XXX not a censored abbreviation for porn? If he's known as XXX whatever then of course I'm gonna assume he's a porn artist. Don't clown me."