Country Boy Shake It For Me

[Notes]

some graves x self-insert for the first one mostly bc its what im working on for ao3
ghoap smut next i promise

--------------

 It had been exactly three months and four days since Phillip Graves' life completely changed. After his mother had found out that his father had been cheating on her and had children with his mistress, she quickly divorced him. The two completely parting ways with his father surrendering custody to his mom. He didn't even try to fight for him. After finalizing the divorce, his mom set out to date again, finding Tom Seenick, a homophobic asshole. Constantly criticizing him for every single thing he did, and most importantly, he was trying to replace his dad. Just because his dad didn't want him or fight for him doesn't change anything. That's still his dad, not this prick.

His mom and Tom are chatting as they drive down old back roads. The car bounces and shakes with every single curve. All because Tom had convinced his mom to move her and Phillip down to Marfa with him on his farm. He said it might help Graves to be a little more manly. Tom looked over at his mom for a brief second, giving a smile that made Phillip want to vomit. "And you're sure everything is there?" His mom asks with a worried voice. Tom moves one of his hands to reach for her thigh, giving it a light squeeze. "Everything's there, Amy," he reassured her softly.

As Tom pulled into the driveway of the new house, Phil couldn't help but look a little awed at the small farmhouse. It was a dingy white color with soft brown accents and a large porch that stopped at the corner of the house. It was surrounded by a large amount of grass before another thick line of trees. He wondered what was on the other side. Maybe a neighboring house. On the front porch were two men, an older one and a younger one. The younger one seemed like he could be Phil's age. They both wore jeans and Timberland work boots. The only difference in their outfits was the younger one's flannel and the older one's polo.

The car came to a smooth stop and they all got out. Tom immediately greeted the pair. "George! It's good to see you, and the kiddo," he smiled as he clapped the man's shoulder. George smiled back, giving a soft pat on his back. "Yeah, good to see you and the lady." Phillip immediately felt his stomach curdle at being overlooked. If that's how it's going to be in this new town, he was not happy about it. Though, Tom is quick to step in about it. "Yeah, well, I thought it would be good to get Phil outta Dallas." He pulled Graves in by the shoulders, showing him off like a trophy.

Phillip groaned and shoved him off. "I told you to stop calling me that," he whispered as he rolled his eyes. Okay, so maybe he's a sassy seventeen year old. He didn't like the way Tom always tried to act like he was replacing his dad. Just because his dad had a new family didn't mean Phillip didn't have a dad. He was perfectly content with Tom staying as his stepdad. Tom gave him a dissatisfied look, but he didn't really care. He'd tell him to his face he didn't like him much. Graves decides it won't be worth it to argue with Tom right now. He's too tired and just wants to get settled so he can sleep.

George chuckles, shaking his head with a smile. "Teenagers," he laughed. "Don't worry, Mori's the same way," he says before waving over the young man. Now that he's closer, Phillip can see that Mori is actually kind of handsome. The way his skin has tanned from probably staying out in the Texas sun for long hours. His outfit really had that southern charm that made him seem like the perfect image of the Texan youth.

Mori gave a shake of the head. "I'm not that bad," he chuckled, giving his dad's shoulder a small shove. His voice was smooth and his southern accent only made Graves' knees even weaker. He had to collect himself though. He can't just fall for the first guy he meets. Especially not around here. Unluckily for him, Tom's hometown of Marfa was one of the more religious town's. According to Tom, or at least, that's what he used to justify why the family would now be going to church every Sunday.

The men exchange a few words, debating what all everyone ought to be doing. George gives the suggestion that Mori helps Amy out, saying he'll be more fit for it. Graves was curious on what he meant by that, but paid it no mind. The only thing he could worry about this guy was how god damn hot he is. He really can't get it off his mind. Though, when Tom decides that Phil would help George and him with the furniture. Of course, Tom was going to make him do the hardest parts.

Mori and his mom grab a few boxes off the porch and disappear inside. Leaving Phil with Tom. The three make quick work of moving a couch into the living room. George on one end, Graves on the other, and Tom in the middle to help support Graves. "Phil, careful, wouldn't want you hurtin' yourself," Tom chuckles as he lets go of the couch for a second, just fast enough to make him jump. Phillip just glared at him. "Yeah, right.." He mumbled.

Soon, soft thunks of boots hitting the floor come in behind them. "Tom, think I could borrow Phil for a second?" Mori's voice startles him. Tom gives a discontented look and nods with a huff. "Yeah, me and your dad can handle the rest," he replies with a smile.Phillip follows Mori back out to the porch and he watches as Mori searches over the boxes. "Don't call me Phil. It's just Phillip," he said flatly. He hated when people called him Phil. It's what his dad called him when he was younger, so therefore no one else should get to call him that.

Mori gives a nod and a warm smile. "Sorry, just heard your dad say Phil , so I thought-" Graves immediately cut him off. "Stepdad." Mori froze for a moment, just staring at him in thought. "Just heard Tom call you that, I'll keep it in mind." Mori gave another nod and picked up a box labeled Phil's Room. "Can you show me which one's your room? I'll bring your stuff in for you," Mori offered kindly. Graves felt his cheeks want to flush, but he tried to stop it. He just gives a nod and starts to lead Mori through the house. Tom had told him before that his room was the last one on the hall.

The door was already creaked open. Tom and George must've already brought his bed and desk in. He steps in and looks around. It's a decent size and the walls are dark blue. It's got nice hardwood floors and the bed's pressed into the corner closest to the door, his desk pressed into the corner opposite. Mori placed the box onto his desk carefully, turning to look back at him. "I'll go grab the other two," and with that he ducked back out the door, once again leaving Graves alone.

He took a deep breath. This was it. His new life away from Dallas. The small town life he had never known. The room felt too empty. Too not him. He pried open the box, digging out its contents and tossing them on the bed. Posters and accessories for a game console, this was the main box he cared about. Carefully he dug out his PlayStation 5 and set it on the desk. He sets it up as much as he can without a TV, something he had somewhere. He just had to figure out where the ones they had just bought were.

Mori comes back, two boxes stacked on top of eachother. He sets them carefully next to the desk. "Figured I'd just make one trip." His southern accent shone through . It was charming and warm. Comforting even. Graves gave a chuckle. "Thanks," he nodded at him. "Do you uh- think you could help me put up some shelves?" He asks nervously. Mori gives a nod, "Do we need tools? I can run out to the truck and grab some."

And then, a few minutes later, Graves and Mori are now drilling holes and putting up the first shelf. His arms already feel sore just from having to hold the shelf up while Mori drilled. He sighed as his arms dropped and he fumbled around for his phone. Mori chuckled as he finished drilling in the last screw. "Tired already, city boy?" He teased with a smile. Graves just shook his head with a chuckle. "Not usually putting up shelves," he responds before music fills the room. Though, it's not at all what Mori could have ever expected. Most of Texas listened to country music. Why would this kid be any different? But no, Dutch Melrose plays.

I made another mistake, thought I could change

Thought I could make it out

Mori immediately recognized it. Despite being a southern charm, he had his own secrets. He gave a smile and an amused noise. "Good taste," he compliments before shuffling for the next shelf. Graves feels his stomach flutter. Being told he had good music taste was more attractive the way Mori had rolled his flannel up to reveal his toned forearms. "Thanks," he responded with a chuckle before setting his phone down to help again.