Chapter 2

DISCLAIMER: THESE AREN'T MY CHARACTERS

It took a while for Bristlefrost to come to her senses. She felt like the hadn't moved in days. Her legs were stiff with unuse, and her belly thought her throat was torn out. Where was she? Bristlefrost waited for something to make sense. She barely even knew her own name! What had happened? Why did she feel so lonely?

Bristlefrost fell back asleep. Her dreams were haunted by a vaguely familiar yellow shape moving towards her. It looked like . . . another cat? Every time the shape was almost close enough to figure out what it was, the dream ended. She somehow knew that she needed to find whatever she kept dreaming about. It was very important that she did so. 

The empty darkness kept trying to claim her. She could barely hold on to the little consciousness she had left. Bristlefrost knew she needed to remember what happened. What was her name again...?

Bristlefrost was her name! How could she forget something like her own name! This was bad. She needed to fix it. But . . . it was not her time yet. Soon. Very soon.

It had been days since Bristlefrost was last awake. She opened her eyes, but everything was blurry. She saw gray...something. Nothing was moving. She heard nothing except the faint running of water. Her paws lay splayed out in front of her. They weren't moving either. Bristlefrost managed to twitch one of her paws. Then the other. She was getting somewhere. Her paws moved again as she pulled them into her. She was doing it! She needed to find the yellow shape from her dreams. She still didn't remember much about anything that had happened. 

Bristlefrost was going to stand up! Yes! She had finally struggled to her paws. She was swaying slightly from days of laying on the cold, hard ground. Her surroundings were still blurry. Uh oh. She was swaying more and more. She took a quick step forward. That was too fast. Her body crumpled back to the ground, and darkness overtook her again. 

Word count: 346