Chapter 4

Bristlefrost rushed to her paws. She had to find Rootspring, and tell him that she wasn't dead. He must be devastated. Her heart ached, missing him. 

Her surroundings were clear now. She was in the moonpool hollow. The moonpool sparkled beside her, the glimmer of stars caught in it's waters.

She felt tired. Very tired. Her paws ached from unuse. Where even was every cat? She sat back down. Perhaps a little more rest wouldn't hurt. The clans were fine without her for a little longer.

Bristlefrost was very hungry, but she was so tired. So tired. 

She was back in the sunny meadow. Graystripe stood there, glowering at her. "You need to go back to the clans!" He shouted. Thunder rumbled in the distance. Dark clouds threatened to unleash torrents of rain upon the two cats. 

"They don't need me anymore!" I shouted back. "No one has come to help me! No one is looking for me!"

"You must go back!" Graystripe growled. 

"No!" I replied.

"What about Rootspring?" He asked. 

"H-he's fine without me." Bristlefrost said.

"GO. BACK." Graystripe roared. "YOU SAVED THE CLANS, AND SOME CATS STILL NEED YOU IN THEIR LIVES. YOU ARE STILL IMPORTANT FOR THE FUTURE OF THE CLANS."

The whole world went dark. A voice sounded from the echoing darkness surrounding Bristlefrost.

"The Moon will be coming. Help it along, encourage it, and above all else, make it strong. The Moon will be important for all 5 clans in the distant future. Remember this, Bristlefrost. Help The Moon."

All of the sudden the dream ended. Bristlefrost found herself back in the moonpool hollow. Trees towered above her. She felt very . . . conflicted.

 Her mind told her to stay here, but in her heart, she knew that she must go and find Rootspring. She now knew that she was still important to the clans, just like Graystripe told her. She must help The Moon. 

Above her, the sun was setting. She could see the faint outline of the moon in the sky. How was she supposed to help it? 

Bristlefrost got to her paws. This time, she felt strong and sure. Rootspring. She thought. She pictured the tom's yellow pelt. 

I'm coming, Rootspring.

Word count: 364