Hogwarts Again

Harry woke up to Draco softly calling his name and telling him to get up. The train had stopped and everyone was beginning to gather their things.

As Draco woke up their friends, Harry glanced out the window before grabbing his things. It was raining. Pouring really. He could see students casting exaresco left and right to keep themselves dry as they ran to the horseless carriages with their luggage.

He reached for his trunk at the same time as Draco and their hands brushed lightly. Even this much contact drove him crazy and he turned his head in the other direction as he pulled down his heavy bags.

As they exited the train Harry caught sight of Hagrid making his way through the crowd.

"'Arry m'boy! Good to see ya!" The giant said whisking the Boy Who Lived into a crushing hug. 

"G-good to see you to Hagrid." Harry managed to gasp out.

'Oh! Sorry 'Arry, sometimes I don't know me own strength!" Hagrid said letting out a loud boisterous laugh.

"It's alright Hagrid. What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be showing the new first years up to the castle?"

"Oh yea! That's right!" Hagrid said before turning to face the rest of the platform. "Attention eighth years! Gather 'round me now! 'Urry up!" He bellowed so loudly you couldn't even hear the rain in the background.

Hagrid never ceased to scare some students even the now eight years. Many came scrambling over with their baggage as fast as they could, several tripping on their way.

"Alright kids- er, young adults!" Hagrid said spinning slowly in a circle. "This year you'll be skipping the sorting and beginning of the feast!"

Groans and gasps were heard from the small circle of eighth years.

"What?!"

"Skipping part of the feast?!"

"No fair!"

"Quiet down! All of you!" Hagrid glared at the guilty parties. "I'll be bringing you to Professor McGonagall who will be giving you a tour of yur new quarters!"

Glances were exchanged and excited whispers ensued from the large group. The Golden and Silver Trios gave each other excited glances.

"Right! Enough of yur chatter! Let's go!" Hagrid began walking away, leaving the students to Reducio their luggage and hurry after him.

                                                          §§§§§§§§§§

Professor McGonagall was standing regally at the edge of the moving stairs and hallways waiting for the eighth years when they arrived. She offered a warm smile to the Golden and silver Trios, respectfully, and warning glances at the troublemakers in the group.

"Good evening students! It's so wonderful to see so many of your familiar faces here again!" She proclaimed loudly as they approached. "I do hope Hagrid has informed you of what you'll be missing?"

A low chorus of yes was her confirmation and she dismissed Hagrid as she turned on her heel.

"Well come along then. We haven't got all day. How much of that feast do you want to miss?" She called over her shoulder.

That got their attention and everyone scrambled after laughing and chattering. Blaise pulled Ron in close and kissed the his boyfriend leaving his face the same color as his fiery red hair. Pansy hooked an arm around Hermione's waist and began to walk after the rest of the group.

"I feel like such a third wheel sometimes, don't you?" Draco said suddenly, turning his head to face the shorter brunett.

"You have no idea." Harry said with an eyeroll and sauntered after the two couples.

Draco smirked slightly before following the chattering group quietly.

{Aaaaand that's it for chapter 2! I know it's shorter, but I felt that that's a good place to end this chapter and don't worry, I'll get started on chapter 3 now! :D Have a great day/night girls/gals/non-binary pals}

Word Count: 601