Candlelight

Hey guys! So usually when I write it reflects my feelings or longing in more than one way, so certain chapters may have more feeling than others. This one will be longer, but I think you'll really like it! Please enjoy!! ^.^

When Harry awoke the next day he felt good. Good in a way he hadn't felt in a very long time. It was strange really. He never got much sleep, unless he was with Draco, but even then he never felt this refreshed. He reached his arms up and stretched, his pajama top rising with his shoulders.

Harry reached for his wand beside him and casting a Tempus charm proceeded to tumble out of the bed. His wand told him that it was 1:20 in the afternoon.

Jumping up he pulled the covers on Draco's bed up to the pillows before sprinting to his room down the hall. As he passed through their sitting area he noticed a note with familiar looping, curling handwriting sitting on the sofa near the window, Harry's favorite throw hanging over the back. It was from Draco.

Hi Harry :)

You were still asleep and I didn't want to wake you up so I went out for a walk on my own. I'll be back soon! There's some food on the table but try not to eat too much today. I have a surprise tonight, put on something nice! 

 xoxo Draco

Harry's heart fluttered, betraying him as his eyes glossed over the note. He pocketed the small piece of paper and went to hop in the shower. Normally he was in a rush, but today he let the water run. Sliding down his body, running through the rivets above his stomach, over the scars down his back, dripping from his rough hands.

It reminded him of the rain that poured down from the dark clouds above them when they were collecting their dead at the end of the war. He remembered walking away from his friends in a daze, aimlessly wandering among the limp bodies strewn around campus. 

§§The fear he remembered, searching for Draco's platinum blond hair, dreading finding him lying among the corpses. Then seeing him standing in the astronomy tower, right at the edge, leaning dangerously close to falling. His pale white fingers gripped the stone of the broken window for mere seconds before they relaxed and let go, Draco's stormy grey eyes fluttered shut. And he fell.

Harry's mind had been a blur as he sprang forward, his arms flung out, reaching for the blond's hand. He caught him, just barely, holding onto Draco's fragile hand. 

Little rivers of tears streamed down Draco's face, his eyes cloudy and distant. Harry hauled him up and hugged him, asking repeatedly why why why.

"I...don't know..." Draco whispered, his tears slowing as he leaned into Harry. Briefly, it passed through Harry's mind that this wasn't how enemies behaved, but they'd been through so much. That was...sort of when they became friends.§§

Snapping back to reality, Harry glanced at the clock on the wall. He'd been here for an hour and a half. He twisted the handle, stepping slowly out of the shower, towel in hand. Harry rubbed his light brown hair with the towel, shaking excess droplets out. He grabbed his hair dryer to add some fluff to it. 

It was already 4 by the time he ate, not bothering to get dressed. Finally, he entered his room to put on the clothes he'd picked out earlier. He thought Draco would like it because it was similar to something he would wear. 

Pressed black dress pants, a loose, silken red shirt, and a black belt with a gold buckle. He wet his hair and brushed it back, putting in contacts so he could leave his glasses. His final touch was a gold necklace Draco had given him a week ago, as celebration for getting an A in Transfiguration. It had a pretty little golden raven on it, like Draco's nickname for him, Raven.