Chapter 30

The next day was filled with everyone preparing for the final journey of our trip.

I watched the tents that surrounded our small village of warriors being torn down.

"I don't think a noble winter gown will help you blend into the crowd of people." I heard Tore say as she sat down beside me on a fallen log.

"Indeed, however I only have gowns to wear." I said playing with a tied string on a letter I wrote a few hours before.

"I thought you might say that. Here you can wear this." She said placing a stack of clothes into my arms as she smiled and began to walk way.

"There should also be a bonus dagger in that stack I just gave you. But please don't stab yourself with it."

She said jokingly as my cheeks heated with embarrassment at the thought of Ralph telling others.

As I walked I kept the clothes tightly wrapped in my arms. As I quietly slipped into a tent that the others had not torn down yet.

With the evening sun disappearing over the trees I found it to be completely dark in the tent, with the exception of one small flame near the entrance.

Placing the clothes down onto the cold ground I began the tedious process of unraveling the lace bodice.

After a few moments of me struggling I felt the dress loosen as it began to slip past my shoulders exposing my breast to the damp chill air.

"I believe I like it best when you are facing me." I heard a deep raspy voice say behind me.

"My apologies Prince Leopold I didn't hear you come in. I shall gather my belongings and leave you."

I said, biting my lip as I clenched the heavy material of the dress closer to my hardened nipples.

"Please stay, it was I who interrupted you." I heard him say as I turned my head slightly as he bowed then slid out of the tent as if he was never there.

Quickley letting the dress fall onto the ground I reached over and began to slip the slightly fitted clothes over my shivering skin.

"Little rat?" I heard outside the tent.

"You may enter Tore." I announced,  slipping on the knee high boots she had given me.

"I knew my clothes would be tight but I didn't think your body looked like that underneath all that noble attire."

She announced as she took in my appearance.

"Thank you, I believe that is the first nice thing you have said to me."

I said while looking up towards her with a smile as she leaned over to help me to my feet.

"Oh little rat, don't be so pleased by my words. I simply was just letting you know if this hero thing doesn't work out for you. You can always become a whore."

Tore said as I rolled my eyes and dusted the dirt off my butt.

"What is the name of the man that stood by Kayden last night?"

I asked as I tucked the letter into one of the many pockets on the tightly fitted pants.

"So in front of Kayden you will address him properly but in private you will call him whatever you wish?" Tore said mockingly as we exited the tent.

"Will you just tell me his name!" I urged as a large grin spread across Tore's  face.

"His name is Colton but we call him Colt. Speaking of that tall handsome devil there he is."

She said as I turned my body towards where she was pointing.

"Be quick with whatever is in that letter. And I do hope you're not expressing your deep love for him." Tore said as she began to walk away.

I focused on Colt as I made my way towards where he stood near the horses.

"Colton... I mean Colt." I said nervously as the large husky man slowly turned around.

"I remember you. At the meeting last night you couldn't help but open your loud mouth." He spoke in a deep interiagating tone.

"I have a favor to ask." I spoke in a tone that compared to his sounded as if I was a child asking her father for something.

"Sorry sweet cheeks or whatever Kayden called you last night. But I don't do favors for little girls." He spat as he turned his back to me. 

Closing my eyes to calm my anger towards the man in front of me. I began to feel my gift faintly trying to push towards the surface.

Allowing all the chaotic noises of everything going on around me I let the word slip away until an image of a young girl took its place in my mind.

She was laughing at something a little boy had told her as they played on a warm summer beach.

"Let go of me!" I heard the husky man shout as I noticed I had placed the palm of my hand on his shoulder.

"Whatever witchcraft you just did, you can keep it to yourself!" He spat as he pulled away from my touch and began to walk towards another horse.

Staying back I watched as he took his time with the horses.

"Finley." I whispered, scarring the man as he fed a hard carrot to my horse.

"What?" THe man questioned as he slightly turned his attention towards me.

"This is Finley." I said as I let my fingers dance across the large horse's mane.

"What was that earlier?" Colton questioned as he lifted his head up to face me on the other side of Finley.

"I have a gift or multiple gifts from the one true God. I didn't realize I had touched your shoulder until you pushed away." I said, smiling down at the horse.

"You must not be a threat or the horses would react to evil's touch." He said as Finley leaned into hand.

"And you Colton are not a beast like some of the others in this group." I interjected as a small yet soft smile spread on his cold blue lips.

"What did you do?" He asked with confusion written in his hard hazel eyes.

"I did nothing, but let the Lord lead me. He is the one that showed you that image." I said.

"The little girl was my sister before she got sick. That was the last happy memory of her I have before she was bedridden."

Colton said in a hushed whisper.

"She was beautiful." I said as he smiled, remembering the moment I had gotten a glimpse of.

"Since you showed me a moment in my life I had long forgotten about, I shall help you."

He said as he moved onto another horse as Finley stopped him by knowing his shoulder.

"A few nights ago we stayed at a brothel." I announced as he began to make his way back towards the others.

"I know exactly where you are talking about." He said as I paused to keep our conversation private.

"There is a young girl, I believe her name is Amina. I need you to give her this letter and bring Finley to her. I remembered I saw a couple of stables outside of the large brothel."

I said as he gave me a reassuring smile as he tucked the letter into his large coat.

"Believe it is time for us to head out." Colton announced as he placed his hand on the upper part of my back leading me towards where the others were gathered near Kayden.