☾ 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 11 ☽

Y/N's POV ˚˖°

It's 11:30 now. 30 minutes until I meet Gerard in the clearing, and for some reason the nerves are really hitting me right now.

I grab my greenish-brown messenger bag, and run down to the kitchen. I grab some Monsters and put them in the bag.

Now look, I know what you're thinking, go through the front door, it'll be easier.

No. Lawrie will somehow know if I've snuck out through the front door, it's why I always go out through my window. Even though it's a lot more work.

I go back in my room, grab a hoodie, tie my shoes, and open up my window. I can see Mikey and Gerard talking in Gee's room, I'll just wait for him in the clearing.

I shut my window halfway and climb down from there. I walk through my backyard and into the clearing of the woods. All our chairs are still there, so I take my bag off and set it on the ground as I sit down.

I grab my pack of cigarettes and a lighter from my bag and light one. I take a drag as I hear the crunch of leaves coming closer to me. I crossed my leg and turned on a small flashlight that I had looped on a belt-loop of my jeans, pointing it towards where the noises were coming from.

"Hey Gee." I said with a smile, taking another drag of my cigarette.

"Hey sugar. Am I late?"

"Only by 5 minutes."

"Well, that's not too bad."

"You're right." I say, throwing my cigarette bud on the ground, then grabbing a Monster from my bag. "Want one?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Mhm." I throw him the one that was in my hands and then grab another one for me.

We sit in silence for a few minutes, taking quick glances at each other every so often. I find it cute, every time I look at him he smiles the tiniest little bit, but it's also so visible.

"So why're we here again?" Gerard asks standing up to stretch his legs, and I stand up too.

"Because, I told you to meet me here. Remember when we were in your basement? I told you we'd make out later, by accident, but you reminded me when I was about to go home, so obviously I thought, maybe we could." I looked at the ground and rocked back and forth on my feet, waiting for a response.

"Does this mean we're dating?"

Oh shit. I knew my feelings for him, but I never found out if he actually liked me. What if it was all a joke? What if he was just messing with me?

"Or are we just going to hook up randomly?"

God, he doesn't sound mad but what if he is?

"Because, you never asked me if I liked you yet." He put a finger under my chin and tilted my head up so I was looking him in the eye. "I know you like me, darling."

"Do you like me? Because I fucking love you." I look him dead in the eye, nervous and waiting for his reply.

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?" And with that his planted a soft kiss on my lips with the slightest smile on his mouth.

I step closer to him and cup my hands around his face, him placing his hands on the small of my back, pulling me closer.

"Just kiss me already, darling." I say glancing at his lips.

He leans in closer, our lips an inch apart. "Gladly, sugar."

Seconds later our lips are crashing into each other desperately almost, barely taking breaks to breathe. Gerard eventually sits down in a chair and I sit on his lap, still kissing him.

I swear to god hours go by and we don't even realise because the next thing you know, I'm on his lap still, except we're both passed out and sleeping.

"Y/N L/N! Wake up right now!" I can hear my brother yelling at me, but I thought I fell asleep in the clearing last night— oh. Oh I never went back, Gerard and I just slept here.

I sat up a bit, rubbing my eyes. "Lawrie? Look, I'm sorry I can explain.."

"Yeah, you fucking better! This might be the one time I'm actually kind of mad at you! Just grab your stuff, say bye to your boyfriend and meet me at home." He turned around and walked back home with his hands in his pockets.

I quickly stand up and gather all my stuff together, kiss Gerard on the cheek and than rush home. Lawrie has never been mad like this before.

I walk in through the back door and sut down at the table that's in the kitchen. Lawrie is already there, waiting for me

"Look, I know I told you to smooe and drink at the party, but I didn't know you were smoking other than that! You've snuck out, and I'm guessing that wasn't the first time." I shake my head no. "Earlier this morning Mikey came over and dropped off this box. I didn't know what it was because I've never seen it before and you know what I found? Three non-prescription pill bottles."

God damn it he found it all.

"I'm really disappointed in you. You know what drugs can do to a person. You know how it affected me, don't you?"

It wasn't long after mom and dad left that Lawrie started doing drugs, he couldn't deal with our parents leaving so he did them to try to calm down. It kind of made him a terrible person. He always warned me not to do them too, it never stuck though I guess.

"Look, Lawrie, I'm sorry...I just...fuck..." I can't even reply because I'm mad at Lawrie and myself. "Is there going to be a punishment or something?"

"Obviously kiddo, now I know you're going to be mad but, you can't go over and hang out with Gerard for at least one or 2 weeks."

"What?! But I just joined the band, and what about practice?! Or whatever else?!"

"You can go over, but only for band practice and practice only, you come right back here after."

"Okay.." I nod, knowing that I won't be going over for 'just practice.'

We sat in silence for a few awkward seconds. "You know you can talk to me about anything right?"

"I know Lawrie..."

"Okay, good, I'm sorry if I sounded mean but I want you to be safe. Love you Kid." He kissed the top of my head and went upstairs to his room.

I went to the bottom of the steps and yelled up, "We have practice tonight! Starts around six-o'clock!"

"Okay! Just go around that time then!"

We do not have practice, I may or may not just want time to make out with Gerard.
—————
Words - 1,166