Leather, Lace and Rock-n-Roll

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Cameron released a soft sigh while cool cucumber slices soothed her eyes and eucalyptus oil soaked her skin in comfort. Nothing compared to spa day. Reclining on the amply padded chaise lounge, wrapped in the oversized, warm terry clothrobe, she basked in her makeshift paradise.

Reaching down beside her lounger, she passed her hand along the floor and fumbled for the bottle of lotion she left there.

Strange, it was just here.

She gasped when hand brushed something solid. Curious, she walked her fingers across the top of the object, content it was stationary. Until it wiggled.

She swung her feet over the edge of her cocoon, jumped straight into the air, and sent cucumbers flying. As soon as she wiped the oil from her eyes, she looked up to see that Max stood in front of her. Looking utterly humiliated. Dressed in a robe at least four sizes too small and opened to reveal his massive, smooth, bare chest, he stood barefoot at the side of her chair. And the wayward cucumber slice stuck to the top of his shiny head made matters worse. Laughter bubbled from her lips as he peeled the cucumber away from his skin and flicked it back onto the lounge.

"Are you finished?" He folded his arms across his corded chest muscles.

"Sorry." She bit her lip and attempted to quell her giggles. "You look adorable but why on Earth are you dressed like that?"

"They wouldn't let me back in my street clothes."

"I see. And what are you doing here anyway?"

"I told Rachel I'd be back."

"Already? Geez, you obviously don't understand the meaning of spa, do you?"

"Come on." He grasped her arm. "Where's Rachel?"

"Now hold on there, Repo Man," she hissed, jerking free of his hold, "I'm not repossessed collateral here. She's getting a massage and I'm not finished exfoliating."

She flung herself back onto the lounge and reclined with her feet crossed.

"Why didn't you just call anyway?"

"You're not answering your phone."

"Of course not," she scoffed, "it's spa day. But you could've called the front desk."

"You should always keep your phone close, for safety."

She crossed her arms over her chest and prepared for another argument. A brief moment of silence passed,each attempting to stare the other down, before she spoke. "Not on spa day."

"Fine," he answered abruptly, "I'll wait outside for one hour."

She studied her freshly manicured nails. "I might not be done in an hour."

He grinned, stepped forward and tipped her chin. "One hour, Sassafrass."

Cameron watched behind hooded eyes and waited for Max to amble out of sight before she left her cocoon. Bigbully. She wiggled the robe from her shoulders, pulled her blouse over her head, and shook her curls back into place. She was supposed to be relaxed, calm, in touch with her inner beauty. She snorted. Sure. The mad bull barging into her china shop changed all that. Now she was tense and her aura was all wrong. She sighed. Oh well. She'd just have to schedule another spa day this week. Darn the bad luck.

She flung her purse over her shoulder and smashed her sunglasses on her face as she stalked down the hall to find Rachel already waiting in the lounge.

"Did you see him?"

Rachel grinned. "Yeah, I saw him when I came out of the locker room. Cute, huh?"