Chapter 8: Turnabout Magician - Trial Latter (Part 5)

3rd POV. Opera Epiclese.

Soleil: Let's go, everyone. The adjournment will end soon.

Paimon: But Paimon still doesn't get how are we going to win this case?

Aether: Yeah, I mean her case is watertight.

Soleil: Really? I actually saw the flaw already.

Lyney: Really?

Soleil: It's thanks to the information within her reasoning and from what you told us, Lyney.

Lyney: Eh?

Soleil: Remember the time where we hit our dead end during our investigation?

Aether: Oh, right. You said that we can gain more information during the trial.

Soleil: Exactly. Although, I was hoping that we gain the additional information via the cross-examination.

Paimon: Cross-examination?

Soleil: It is the process where both sides, the witness will be questioned to determine the credibility of their testimony.

Soleil: This is usually done by the defense.

Paimon: Oh, so it's basically interrogation.

Soleil: Well, yeah, but you have to prove how the testimony contradicts with the evidence.

Soleil: But if you can't find any holes from their testimony, you can press them for more details or for clarification.

Soleil: To do so, you also have to be specific about the questions that you'll ask.

Paimon: Woah.....suddenly Paimon got dizzy with all of that information.

Aether: So it's kind of risky to the defense attorneys, as if you mess it up.....

Soleil: Yes, it's over. That is why, cross-examinations are that important, especially to us defense attorneys, as that is our only way to prove the innocence of our clients.

Soleil: Unfortunately, we can't conduct the cross-examination as technically, we are all witnesses of what happened....

Soleil: So yeah, we will be having the same recollections of the events.

Soleil: And it will be time consuming to cross-examine a large number of people.

Aether: So, our only way to find the truth is...

Soleil: To refute the claims of the Hydro Archon.

Soleil: So, technically speaking, we will cross examine the Hydro Archon herself.

Aether: Cross-examine—

Paimon: —The Hydro Archon!?

Soleil: Yes. After all, she was also present when the incident occurred, right? So, technically speaking, she is also a witness.

Soleil: But for her to have that kind of information......that is worthy to undergo cross-examination.

Aether: So, you were really waiting for your time to strike.....