Chapter 63

Nothing~

My stomach was a flurry of emotions as Yeonjun pressed me back into the rock behind me. A chill went down my spine as he ran a hand down from my neck, across my shoulder, and then down the length of my arm. He deepened the kiss as he gripped onto the hilt of the sword. I let my grip loosen. He pulled it away.

And then it all stopped...

My mouth fell open in shock as everything stopped. The kiss. The emotions. The world even seemed to stop moving.

My eyes were wide as they go from Yeonjun's smirking face down to the sword that was sticking out my chest. "Why?" I asked as he took a step back, his eyes slowly trailing down to gaze at the sword.

"You were holding me back."

My eyes snap up, my heart stopping as I take in his deep brown eyes. There was emotion in them... they were no longer black, but they were still soulless.

~~~

I woke up screaming and thrashing around as all I registered was something holding my body to the bed.

"Evelyn! Stop, it was just a dream!"

My eyes snap into focus, but my brain seemed to still be lagging as I sent a string of smoke out, pushing Yeonjun across the room.

The sound of the drywall breaking under his weight, made my mind snap into place.

I jump out of bed and stare at Yeonjun as he slowly gets up with a groan. "I-I..." My mouth shut as I couldn't think of what to really say to him.

My hands were shaking as I made my way over to him. "Yeonjun..."

"I'm okay." He said with a rough chuckle. "I did wake you up a little roughly, I'm sorry."

Tears sprung into my eyes as my throat closed up. My eyes follow him as he gets to his feet, brushing the clumps of drywall off of his shoulders and head.

His eyes come up to meet mine and even in the dark room, I could see the emotions in them. Shock and amusement. "Your powers seem to keep growing." He said with a light laugh.

His eyes softened as he noticed the tears in my eyes and the slight tremble of my bottom lip. He held his arms open with a gentle smile on his lips.

"It's okay," he said as he ran a hand down over my hair, not risking pulling at the knots that were there from sleep. "We can fix the wall tomorrow. Soobin may freak out a little, but I bet Beomgyu and Huening Kai will laugh when they hear how it happened."

"I'm sorry." I finally got out. Anything else I wanted to say was drowned out by the silent sobs that made my shoulders jerk.

"Hey, don't worry about me. You know it takes a lot to hurt me." Yeonjun said as he hugged me even tighter.

"What was your dream about?" He asked after I had finally pulled myself together.

"Do you remember what happened while your dark side was in control?"

He stepped back and looked away. "No, what did I do to you?" I could hear the shame and worry in his voice.

I step forward and grab his hand, his eyes came up to meet mine. In them were the same emotions.

I bring my hands up to his temples and watch as he slowly closes his eyes.

After I show him what had happened, I then show him the nightmare I had.

"You didn't hurt me in real life, I think it was Andromalius that gave me that nightmare... still trying to put fear in my heart towards you and break us apart."

"Is... is it working..?"

I shake my head quickly as I pull him into a hug. "It will never work."

He rests his head on top of mine and rubs my back. "If you ever fear me... idk what I would do.."

"I trust you with my life, Yeonjun. Nothing you could ever do will change that."

He pulls back and flicks his eyes from my eyes to my lips and back.

I smile gently as I lean my head back a little, inviting him in.

This kiss was gentle and caring, a big difference in the kiss we had had the night before when his dark side was controlling him.

He walks me back slowly until the back of my legs hit the bed. He holds onto the back of my head as his other hand braces himself on the bed so he could lower me down slowly.

He pulls back after a moment. Despite how gentle the kiss was, we were both breathing harder then before.

"You mean the world to me, I would never hurt you... even if I'm not in full control. The love I have for you is etched into my soul. Nothing will ever change that, Evelyn."

My whole body warmed as he spoke. "I love you, Yeonjun."

I yelp as he picks me up and moves me to lay on the bed the right way. My eyes follow him as he takes the spot next to me.

He lay on his side, staring at me with a bright smile that made his eyes shine even in the dark.

"I love you too."

I roll over and snuggle into his neck. I close my eyes and then search in my mind for that small lonely corner that Andromalius has seemed to claim as his hiding place.

Once I find it, I set it ablaze.

"Are you okay?" Yeonjun asked as he tried to pull back.

"I'm fine, just sending a message to someone." I reply, holding him in place.

"Evelyn..."

"I'm okay." I let out a light laugh. "I've been fighting him little by little everyday. He still gets a grip every once in a while when I'm exhausted."

"I wish I could help you..." He tucks his head into the pillow and brings his hand back up to my hair.

"You are, right now."