Chapter 69

Mission 2~

All I could think as I looked around the packed room. Was that this place stunk.

Sweat, alcohol, bad breath, and blood.

I try and keep my posture relaxed as I followed Taehyun around the under ground fighting ring.

The others were posted around close to any entrances watching who came and went. My job was to stick close to Taehyun and be his extra eyes as he got ready for his fight.

"What's up, Taehyun?" A man called from across the room.

"That's Carmon, he was the first person I fought against."

I offer a easy smile as Camron strolls over and gives Taehyun a manly hug.

"Who is this?" Camron asked after they pulled apart.

"This is my friend, Evelyn." Taehyun replied as I stepped next to him.

"Nice to meet you." He said as he stuck his hand out.

I grab it and give a it a small shake. "Nice to meet you too." My smile tightened a fraction as I felt a trace of a demons power in his veins.

"I'll see you two later. I'm first up. Good luck today, Tae."

Once Camron was out of ear shout I snap my head around to Taehyun. "You felt that right?"

Taehyun nodded his head as we start pushing through the crowd that was growing thicker by the minute. "Who ever had control over him let him go after I had beat him in my first fight."

"Do you think demons are controlling any human they can in these fights? If so, why?"

"Betting. That's what I think. If they give their fighter an little extra push, then they have a higher chance of winning."

It made sense. "I really don't like demons." I sigh and then have to hold back a laugh as Rerek gives me a mental kick to the shin. "You're a child."  I tell him.

I scan every person that we passed as we headed for what Taehyun said was the 'locker' room.

"Taehyun." I whisper yell as we enter a room full of men in various levels of nudity.

"My bad." Taehyun said with laughter in his voice.

I reach out blindly and smack his arm, or what I thought was his arm until someone else grumbled from next to me.

"Sorry!" I say as I pull my hand away from my wide eyes.

"Just watch it." The man said as he turned and headed out the way we had just came in.

My eyes follow his back until he was swallowed by the crowd. Something was off. I had never seen that man before, but when I had made brief eye contact with him, it was as if I did know him. It was very faint though. As if I had only met him in passing.

"You okay?" Taehyun asked as I stood there staring down the dim hallway.

"Yeah, do you know that dude?" I turn to face him, being carful to keep my eyes only focused on him.

Taehyun shook his head. "No, I think I may have seen him in passing at last weeks fight. Why?"

"We need to watch him. Something about him feels faintly familiar." Taehyun thought over it for a moment before speaking.

"Maybe you should go find Yeonjun and stick with him. I can't stay by your side the whole night." I could feel unease grow on his end of the bond.

I offer him a smile as I pat his shoulder. "Nope, I was placed with you. If anyone tries anything, all the others are posted at all the exits. No way will anyone get by them."