𝑾𝒆𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝑫𝒖𝒌𝒆

No Ones Pov

Anissa had caught up with her mother and Simon. She found out he was leaving soon. "I would say tell you its been lovely spending time with you, but that be a lie," she smirked as Simon rolled his eyes at her playfully. "Whatever you say princess, you'll miss me."

"Are you going to tell me where you will be going?" Danbury asked and added, "This time that is," that made Simon laugh. "I am still considering, but-- that does not really matter, does it?" We continue to chat until it was time to depart for the ball.

Anissa got in and had a gist of what she was going to do, all she had to do was talk to Colin. And you wouldn't believe what was in Lady Whistledown column. She had said colin was courting Maria and not me anymore, but that was going to change. She was going to open his eyes and make him listen.

They soon arrived to the Trowbridge Ball and it was quite a sight. There were caged acrobats and men breathing fire. Walking in the attention was on Anissa for many she truly looked like a princess, furthermore a queen. Anissa had run in Lady Trowbridge. "Oh, your Majesty thank you for your attendance."

Anissa grabbed her hands, "This is truly a beautiful display of art Lady Trowbridge, I'm sorry for the lost of your husband, be strong." Lady Trowbridge hugged the princess, she didn't expect so much kindness from a royal, but she truly did appreciate it. They chatted for a bit until the Princess and Lady Trowbridge walked into the party, they said their goodbyes. Looking around she spotted Colin talking to the Featherington girl, her name Penelope.

Walking behind the crowd so she wasn't spotted Anissa discreetly listen their conversation. "Our host looks a bit fussy." Colin joked, Penelope looked surprised at him. "Do you think if he goes to bed, we all have to leave?" Colin continued making her laugh. They continue their banter, and Penelope also said something about the child looking like Lady Trowbridge footman, well isn't that an awful thing to say.

As soon as they talked about Miss.Thompson Anissa rolled her eyes as she listened will some Lord talked to her.  Colin then stepped in, "Miss.Thompson. A dance?" she quickly agreed as Colin spoke again, "Are you well recovered, Miss Thompson?" Anissa then walked away to catch some air, before going back in.

AFTER I GATHERED my emotions I went back in . The dance they were doing were one she disliked the most. Getting the beat of the switch I quickly cut in and the man I dance with was quite happy. I switched twice when I finally ended up in Colins arms.

"Colin I know you don't want to speak to me, but you will listen-"Collin interrupted, "I have nothing I have to say to you, you broke my heart." I looked down sadly as we continue to dance. Soon as they tried to switch I held tightly onto Colin and shook my head at the people who tried to switch.

"Colin you have to understand I want to Marry for love, not because of my status-"and again Colin interrupted again, "And you think I would want you for your title." He then stormed away and I quickly followed him, he won't throw a tantrum and get away with it. I ran after him as my heels clicked on the tile floor. I saw an open door, I ran a little more and I pushed him into the room catching him off guard. Check outside the door to make sure no one was outdid, lucky this hallway looked unused.