ONE

Elladora was always fascinated by magic. Even before she knew she was a witch- magic was something she believed in.  She didn't care if all the other kids thought she was childish or weird for believing in magic. She believed and that's all that mattered to her.

When she was eleven, her hogwarts letter came. When she found out she was witch, she thought it was a  reward for believing in magic when others did not.

~~~

Now, Elladora found herself standing before the hogwarts express.

Her little doe eyes widened as she stared at the train. Sure, she had seen trains before but this - this was the moment that realization hit her. That she was a witch.

Bursting with excitement, little Elladora went inside the train - hoping to find a compartment.  Turns out luck was at her side because she managed to find one.

She had seen movies about children going to boarding school so she decided she was going to follow what the kids did - she was going to be cool. And cool - in Elladora's dictionary - meant reading a book silently.

A few moment later, a red haired girl and a black haired boy joined Elladora.

"Do you mind if we join you? Everywhere else is full," asked the pretty girl.

Elladora desperately wanted to make friends so she nodded almost immediately.

"Yes. Yes ofcourse." Replied Elladora.

"Thank You." The pretty girl said once more. "My name is Lily by the way. Lily Evans."

'Lily. That's a very pretty name. ' Elladora thought

"And this is Severus," Lily said as she pointed to the boy beside her.

"It's lovely to meet you both. My name is Elladora Woods."

And this was the start of the strongest friendship Elladora ever had. At least for a time period.

~~~

As the train came to a complete stop, all three of the first years knew they had arrived at hogwarts.

"Oh I'm so excited!" Elladora said to her knew friends as she tried not to burst with excitement.

"Me too. I do hope all of us are in the same house." Replied Lily, slightly nervous as to where they would be sorted.

"Well I don't care about the houses. I'm going to friends with you regardless of what house I'm in." Assured a determined Elladora.

"You're right Elladora. We're going to be friend regardless. Don't you agree Severus." Questioned Lily.

"Ofcourse I agree. You know I don't care about the houses, only my friends." Severus nodded as he said these words.

Elladora watched the both of them with narrowed eyes. She may be young but she was not blind and something was going on between the two even if they did not know it.

"Come on, we have to go. Hogwarts awaits."

~~~

All three of them had to sit in a boat to get to Hogwarts. And as Elladora saw Hogwarts for the first time, she felt like all her wishing of having magic had come true.

Still in awe, Elladora followed all the students that were standing before a stern looking professor. 

The professor then spoke in a quiet yet intimidating voice,

"My name is professor McGonagall. Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup. The sorting will begin momentarily." Said Professor McGonagall as she left.

"Hello Snivellus." Said a voice.

Elladora turned to the owner of the voice and saw that it was a boy with untidy hair and round glasses.

"Your hair looks so much more greasy in this light, doesn't it Sirius."

"You're absolutely right James." Said the boy named Sirius.

Elladora immediately did not like either boy.

"Hey. Stop being rude to my friend. His hair isn't greasy, you're just a bit thick." Elladora said to the boy angrily.

"Hey look, Snivellus has got himself another friend. Although this one isn't as pretty, is she Sirius?" James said to Sirius.

"I don't know mate, she looks to be competing for the ugliest face with Snivellus." Replied Sirius, joining his friend in taunting the two.

"Hey! Stop it. They're both my friends and you'll leave them alone," came Lily's voice.

James was about to reply but Professor McGonagall came back.

"Now form a line and follow me please."

All the first years followed her and went to the great hall. The great hall was unlike anything Elladora had seen. It was so huge and had a charmed night sky as its ceiling. There were four long tables for the houses to sit on and Elladora found herself wishing to be in the same one as her friends.

"When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses. Lucius Malfoy."

The boy went to the sorting hat with confidence. The hat had barely touched his head before it screamed, "Slytherin."

"Amos Diggory. Hufflepuff."

"Xenophilius Lovegood. Ravenclaw."

And then finally,

"Lily Evans."
Elladora saw Lily nervously go to the stoll and sit down before the hat yelled.

"Gryffindor."

This continued on for ages with James Potter and Sirius Black, both being sorted in Gryffindor.

"Severus Snape."

Severus went up to the stoll. Elladora watched, silently praying for him to be sorted into Gryffindor but her hopes were crushed when it yelled,

"Slytherin."

Before she had time to figure out what had happened, her name was called was called.

"Elladora Woods."

She went up to the stoll with shaking legs and sat down.

"Ah. You're a tough one. " The hat said and Elladora flinched involuntarily as the hat spoke.

"You've got the wits of a RavenClaw, loyalty of a Hufflepuff, determination of a Slytherin and the bravery of a Gryffindor. Ah but I know just where to put you. Be it GRYFFINDOR," the hat yelled.

Elladora let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She was sad that Severus wasn't in the same house, but relived Lily was.

As she looked around the great hall, she knew that Hogwarts was going to be the best experience of her life, or at least she thought so.