PROLOGUE

The blood stained on my trembling hands did not belong to me. Through the darkness, I stared at the dead person sprawled in the mud.

Murder.

I didn't do it. I didn't do it. I didn't do it.

I didn't do it.

Quiet rustling echoed behind me. Someone was coming.

They'll see these bloody crimes and blame it on me.

Think, Alex. You can't let them get away with this. You can't fall into this trap.

You can't let them win.

The newcomer stumbled through, smelling the blood before seeing it. A heartbeat of shocked silence passed. I stayed still, my back facing the stranger.

"Alex," said the person from behind me, horrified. "What did you do?"

You have no idea.

The world tilted as I deliberately fainted. Arms suddenly wrapped around my body, steadying me.

It wasn't me. 

Those three words resonated in my mind. Or maybe I mumbled them. 

It wasn't me. 

I repeated the phrase again and again, hanging onto those words because I was innocent as long as I believed it.

The world will never believe me because I was born with a silver spoon. People will do anything to taint my silver spoon because it's human nature. So I keep my secrets to protect myself from them.

"It wasn't me," I murmured before blacking out.

I swear I didn't kill anyone but then again, all murderers promise you that.

Those who schemed against me got away with murder.

And so will I.