Before we begin...

Dear Reader,

This is a little bit of an explanation for those who have yet to come across a WWFFY/WWYFF story. For those of you who are already familiar with these stories, feel free to skip this and jump straight into the first chapter!

Feel free to do so anyway, even if you have no idea what the above mentioned terms are but aren't very fond of boring explanatory chapters either.

For those of you who are still waiting for that explanation, here it is:

"Through Clouds of Steam" is a sort of reader-insert, CYOA (Choose Your Own Adventure) kind of story known as a WWFFY (Who Would Fall For You), or sometimes a WWYFF (Who Would You Fall For), where, besides progressing through whatever adventure may lie ahead, is focused also on romance.

In other words, at the end of the story, depending on your choice of answers, thoughts, etc., one of the main male characters will eventually fall for you. (That part of the story is quite inevitable so if you have no interest in that sort of thing, feel free to pretend that this story doesn't exist.) This story is also mainly aimed towards female readers but even if you're not and would like to read it anyway, please, go ahead! I will not judge.

As you progress through the story, just pick an answer choice and tally up the corresponding numbers/letters at the end of the chapter to see what (or whom) your result is. Be warned, picking the same letter or number in every chapter in the hopes of getting a specific result will not work because I will be changing up the order every so often!

As this is, of course, a reader-insert story, whenever and wherever this: "_____" pops up, insert your name or a random name of your choice. The character that you will be "playing" will be who you are (or who you would like to be) where appearance is concerned unless stated otherwise. However, your character will have to be 17-19 years old for the story to make sense and also to make it less awkward where the male characters are concerned.

These sorts of stories (mostly in the form of quizzes) were immensely popular on Quizilla (which is also where I started taking an interest in writing them) and I hope that perhaps they will be considered so here as well, because I personally find them quite fun to write and I would love to write more of them for my dear readers if you enjoy reading them~

So, that's it for now!

If you have any questions/concerns/comments/criticisms regarding this story, shoot me a message or leave a comment!

Whether you've stumbled upon this story purely by accident or perhaps out of mild curiosity, allow me to thank you for taking an interest in my humble work. I hope you find some form of enjoyment in it!

-Lou