Chapter 22

A month had passed since the culling mission, and Ky was getting a physical by the school. It was supposed to be a quick examination for the one he missed due to his late arrival. But a week after, he was know sitting in the waiting room of the doctors office not knowing why he was there. For several minutes Ky sat there in silence, slightly irritated having been pulled out of class knowing full well that he wasn't planning on doing anything anyway.

Finally, the doctor that had done the physical walked into the room carrying a clipboard, a short green haired woman who looked more like a child than a grown woman.

"Sorry for the wait Mr

"Sorry for the wait Mr. Kiske, there were a couple of things we had to check before we would be able to tell you." said the doctor.

"Not a problem." replied Ky as he stood up.

Following the doctor into a separate room, Ky took a seat on one of the two provided chairs while the doctor took the other.  Flipping through the papers on her clipboard, the doctor spent several seconds looking at a sheet before saying,

"We have good news and... let's say confusing news for you. Which would you like first?"

"The good news."

"The results from the physical say that you are in incredible physical health, in fact, you have perhaps the highest physical scores of any Valkyrie that has ever attended St. Freya."

"I see, and the confusing news?"

"Well there are two things that we haven't been able to figure out yet. The first is when we inspected some of your DNA, we found a trait that isn't present in any of the Valkyries. We tried seeing if anyone else in Schicksal had these traits, but only three others had the trait"

"Asuka R. Kreuz, Frederick Bulsara and Aria Hale if I remember correctly." said Ky, cutting off the doctor.

"Yes," replied the doctor slowly, "when we looked through, we didn't discover any correlation between the four of you."

"I can answer that question for you."

"You can?"

"Of course, that trait you found would be are ability to use magic. We all share it, but the strength does vary between person to person. The reason you didn't find it in anyone else is because of the Stigmata's all your Valkyries have. My teacher said that Stigmata's suppress and eventually get rid of that trait. Unless the second thing you're telling me is that I have a Stigmata then in that case I have no idea."

"Well you're partially correct."

"Really."

"We did indeed find a Stigmata-like mark on your left eye." The doctor said talking a photo from the clipboard and giving it to Ky. Taking the picture, Ky looked at it

"Our first thought was it was an unidentified natural Stigmata, but there was no trace of Honkai energy in your body. There should be at least small amount of Honkai energy present if it was a Stigmata."