Chapter 4: Unraveling Antonio

While maintaining their pretend game for Blair's benefit, Isabella and Miguel found themselves with more opportunities to delve into the enigma that was Antonio.

Their afternoons were spent in the school library, sifting through old newspapers and history books. They discovered that Antonio was not just an adventurer, but a renowned artist and philanthropist. His paintings, celebrated for their beauty and depth, often depicted the stunning landscapes of the Philippines, reflecting his profound love for nature.

"Antonio used his art to support local charities," Miguel noted one day, his eyes scanning an old newspaper article. "He was particularly passionate about education."

Their investigation led them to art galleries, museums, and even the homes of Antonio's remaining relatives. They learned about his simple lifestyle, his close circle of friends, and his mysterious disappearance. His most famous painting was still missing, and they couldn't shake off the feeling that it held a clue to their connection with Antonio.

In the evenings, under the shade of their favorite mango tree, they would discuss their findings. "What if the missing painting holds the key to everything?" Isabella pondered, her mind buzzing with theories.

Meanwhile, their pretend relationship was evolving into something more complex. The shared laughs, the mutual understanding, and their joint mission were drawing them closer. But with Blair's watchful eyes on them, they had to tread carefully. They were playing a dangerous game, one that could lead to heartbreak or discovery.